HP 1210 Scanning issues! Please help

Hi Guys, I don't usually post on here but I'm about ready to throw my scanner/printer out the window!
I'm trying to scan some photos. It is scanning, but for whatever reason they are coming out in the corner of a A4 sized Document.
I never had this problem with my old computer. I'm now running windows 8 and it has done the latest update.
I'm sure its probably just a settings issue but I can't figure it out.
The HP help website is a pain and not very helpful!

Any advise would be much appreciated

geek_zeppelin155, Mar 20, 10:06 am

Options I can think of:
1. Bring up preview mode and resize the area being scanned.
2. open the scanned image in a photo editor and resize/crop the scanned image.
3. Splash out the $50 to buy a much better all-in-one (the 1210 is what! nearly 10 years old.) that has drivers designed to work in Windows8.

USB 1.1, must be a rocket ship to scan and print lol!

geek__drdee_, Mar 20, 1:08 pm

A scanned photo doesn't have a fixed print size. Just fixed pixels.
Are you scanning to jpeg files! What resolution are you scanning at! 300dpi is all you need for colour photos.

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 20, 1:14 pm

Ihad a 1210 once It was ok.Can't help thinkiing there is something not right with your settings,Check them all out.
Do tests with A4 paper

geek_biggal, Mar 20, 3:25 pm

Just reread your post and I see you are using Win8.The 1210 is probably not compatible with Win 8.Win 8 web site has a compatibility chart for hardware or at least a way of entering up your hardware to check its compatibility. Google!

geek_biggal, Mar 20, 3:37 pm

I am a full time mom and I am always at home. I watned really to earn and engage at a work at home job for savings since I have extra time while my kids are at school and I have done all my chores at home.

geek_guest, Aug 4, 2:40 pm

I just found you through the Janet Hill story on Etsy. She montneied you and I just had to come see for myself. I'm so glad I did. I must say that you are my new hero of design blogs. I love pink in the most immense way possible and can't wait to read more of your blog!xo Kimberlee of Gracefully Girly

geek_guest, Aug 5, 11:41 am

I am not new to blogging and rlaley value your blog. There is much prime subject that peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your blog and keep checking you out. Wish you good luck.

geek_guest, Aug 7, 2:01 pm