HTC equivalent to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

Can anyone tell me what's the HTC equivalent to the Samsung Galaxy S4 !

geek_chicko_wicko, Apr 24, 3:14 pm

The HTC One

geek_le01, Apr 24, 3:16 pm

Wonder y its got a 4mp camera

geek_bigfatmat1, Apr 24, 5:31 pm

More mega pixels doesn't always mean better quality pictures.

geek_wheelmann, Apr 24, 5:57 pm

Dont get a htc one no removeable battery or sd card get a Sony z or S4 or lg optimus g pro =)

geek_sharpedgepaint, Apr 24, 6:03 pm

Moot points. Doesn't need to have a removable battery, it will last as long as the usefulness of the phone. SD card is almost obsolete in a phone with the built in storage, multitudes of cloud storage options and even music streaming of your entire collection via google music.
Build quality of HTC is stunning and definitely is a worthwhile opponent to the S4.

geek__drdee_, Apr 24, 6:13 pm

The consumer does not see it that way

geek_bigfatmat1, Apr 24, 7:15 pm

why do you need to remove a battery! At least when ya drop it doesn't fly into several bits.

geek_bigfatmat1, Apr 24, 8:26 pm

I often find removing the battery a good thing especially when smartphones always play up. Often removing the battery is a good way to reset them

geek_jason18, Apr 24, 8:38 pm

Having a removable battery isn't so much about the battery lasting as long as the rest of the phone.A lotof people like to carry a spare battery if they are going to be in a situation where they can't charge their phone, so swapping to a charged battery is useful.

SD card slots are very useful and money saving.Often with sales, you can buy micro SD cards for much cheaper than the cost to upgrade from a 16GB to 32GB, 32GB to 64GB

geek_ming24, Apr 24, 8:38 pm

Htc one can stop a bullet better than s4

geek_deus701, Apr 24, 8:52 pm

I have a one x never needed a "reset" had it nearly a year . I stream most my music so 32 g is ok for meI still have 10 free I prefer HTC build quality over Samsung

geek_bigfatmat1, Apr 24, 9:03 pm

I flash custom firmware on my stuff thats probably why I like a removable battery

geek_jason18, Apr 24, 9:47 pm

Having seen a video of a fanboy unboxing the HTC One and giggling insanely, I can agree with the build quality - but really, why cut and brushed aluminium!

geek_mikep, Apr 24, 9:51 pm

same here have both my samsung galaxy tab non removable batt and htc one x are running 4.2.2

geek_bigfatmat1, Apr 24, 9:55 pm

Oh ok, Do you flash many roms ! Never soft bricked it flashing a kernal that didnt work with a rom! I have always had to remove battery. Oh well maybe you have had better luck than me. Its just my preference to have a removable battery.

geek_jason18, Apr 24, 10:12 pm

Just my last 4 phones never ran into any probs apart from a Huawei where I should of unlocked it first it became stuck on skinny,galaxy tab 2 was easiest I want to do misses s3 she won't let me lol. Each phone, tab generally has a diff way of doing it there is some clever devolopers out there. I do it cause I can.

geek_bigfatmat1, Apr 24, 10:32 pm

I found one advantage of non removeable batt is you cannot turn phone off if in lock screen with pin swipe or face recog so if someone swiped my phone. I know ill be able to track it till the batt is flat. Unless they take SIM LOl. I love the nfc tags to they fun to play round with got them stuck everwhere automates my life

geek_bigfatmat1, Apr 24, 10:36 pm

Yes, but the consumer is a moron.

geek_echoriath, Apr 24, 10:40 pm

ultraPixel technology "Bigger pixels in the sensor means a much better ability to collect light, which also means better low-light photos and a better dynamic range"

geek_2nd2none, Apr 24, 10:41 pm

geek_neillo1, Apr 24, 10:56 pm

Dont get a htc one no removeable battery or sd card get a Sony z or S4 or lg Optimus.

You say no removeable battery, so why does the guy say otherwise in th video clip supplied in the website above !

geek_chicko_wicko, Apr 25, 11:18 am

Apparently these days 'no removable battery' means 'a little harder to remove'.

I bought an iphone 4 back in the day, supposedly had a battery that couldn't be removed. except all it required was taking the cover off undoing a couple of screws. unplug battery. battery removed.

geek_bm.taylor, Apr 25, 12:50 pm

Not with the One - that phone is almost impossible to disassemble

geek_vtecintegra, Apr 25, 12:51 pm

Did you hear him say the htc has a removable battery while demonstrating this on the S4.

geek_2nd2none, Apr 25, 12:53 pm

Yes I did.why do u think i said abt the guy saying otherwise meaningit has.

geek_chicko_wicko, Apr 25, 2:54 pm

Just In case you don't know it doesn't have a removable battery or external storage. Guy in video made an error.

geek_2nd2none, Apr 25, 3:06 pm

That abt the does or doesn't have a removeable battery remains to be seen.

geek_chicko_wicko, Apr 25, 4:05 pm

Are you in denial, trolling, or just too lazy to ask Google!

http://reviews.cnet.com/htc-one/ "The bad: Sealed case design means no SD expansion slot or user replaceable battery." http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one-5313.php

MEMORY : Card slot No
Internal 32/64 GB, 2 GB RAM

BATTERY : Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery

geek_2nd2none, Apr 25, 5:23 pm

Well when you read one thing and hear/read the other, and haven't actually seen it for yourself it can be hard to know " is it this" or "is it that". .

geek_chicko_wicko, Apr 25, 6:49 pm

I have 6 spare batteries for my S3 and an external charger. Often comes in handy when I'm called out and forget to charge my phone and I can just swap out the batteries without having to worry about finding some place to charge it.

Also useful if the phone locks up (can't think of it happening with my S3 but happens with y laptop) and one just removes the battery to reset it

geek_logo, Apr 25, 7:15 pm

If the phone were completely sealed and it was not possible to open it up to access the battery, then that would make it unrepairable. No phone manufacturer anywhere is going to make a phone that cannot be repaired.

Unless the case is glued together and/or the battery is surface mount soldered onto the motherboard, it can be removed.

geek_bm.taylor, Apr 25, 7:43 pm

HTC One - work phone , has both a removable battery and ultra mini SD card.

geek_barbra1, Apr 25, 7:53 pm

has not been released yet!

geek_bigfatmat1, Apr 25, 7:57 pm

There are different models of HTC One . The latest one has not been released yet. They probably have one of the earlier models.

geek_traceyracey70, Apr 25, 8:17 pm

yes like the one v and one x this thread is bout one

geek_bigfatmat1, Apr 25, 8:24 pm

and they probably don't realise that :P

geek_traceyracey70, Apr 25, 8:27 pm

no one said anything about a fully sealed phone, although the htc one has a unibody chassis, and i think you misunderstand the term "non removable battery" obviously a repairer will be able to access the guts of the phone but if you want to try get into it, you can kiss your warranty goodbye.
Same with iPhones "non removable battery"

geek_2nd2none, Apr 25, 9:17 pm

Actually with the One (the new one I mean, damn HTCs stupid naming conventions) its unlikely anyone will be able to replace the battery - it's the most difficult to open phone Ifixit has ever torn down.

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/HTC+One+Teardown/13494/1

geek_vtecintegra, Apr 25, 9:52 pm

Geee all that and to put it all back together!.it's like a jigsaw puzzle.put it all out in pieces etc etc.

geek_chicko_wicko, Apr 26, 12:06 am

oh wut.did they use a suction cup to pull the screen out!

surely it cant be that easy

*goes to try it out*

now i shall wait for the next "Will it blend!" video.but i will leave u all with the last generation models

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=rofgMueCOqo

geek_deus701, Apr 26, 11:20 am