New One News Mobile Site

Is anyone else unable to access the new site which they say you need to have certain browsers which I cant get on my phone ( android 2.3.6 Gingerbread)? It was my favorite news site as it was quick and easy to load with a weak wifi signal AND it had a decent font size. At present am going thru all other news sites and apps but havent found one yet!

geek_dodie100, Aug 4, 4:17 pm

I find it odd that content providers require you to have a specific browser, or operating system, or brand of hardware in order for you to see their content. It seems like a downward spiral to complete failure.

So much for slogans like "on every screen". Or requiring you to buy a new TV to get 'Freeview Plus' which is only a firmware upgrade. I'm disillusioned by this trend.

geek_gyrogearloose, Aug 4, 4:26 pm

Your phone is obsolete I'm afraid - you're going to run into more and more stuff that simply will not work.

geek_vtecintegra, Aug 4, 4:28 pm

One News shouldn"t assume people will like the new site. They should have done a survey.I dont even like it now with videos with each item and hardly anything WRITTEN! I loved it the way it was and am not going to get another phone just to access it!

geek_dodie100, Aug 4, 4:32 pm

It's less to do with their app and more to do with the fact that you're running an out dated version of Android. More and more apps wont work with your phone as time goes on.

geek_suicidemonkey, Aug 4, 4:37 pm

Honestly, do yourself a favour and update from a phone running Gingerbread.

geek_ross1970, Aug 4, 8:52 pm

Not untill current phone packs up!

geek_dodie100, Mar 27, 4:27 pm

Share this thread