Allyourmusic.net Scammed

kevlight, Feb 5, 10:04am
been caught by this one myself

signed up for a free i phone $ 1 purchase marketing gimmick
yeah i know too good to be true !
was tired from shift work (my excuse)

How do i stop payments to this out fit, and how do i report them as scammers

they have take three lots of $1 at the currency conversion rate of $1.65 and a payment of Eur 79.99 for kiwi $132.82

. Barstards ! i have emailed kiwi bank to close a/c and cancel Visa
but am worried the bank might Sweep my Savings a/c to the Cheque a/c if there is not funds there to make the next scam payment.

. I have tranfered all but $13 out of the cheque a/c
Bugger it ! being a public holiday.
. any useful helpful advise would be appreciated thanks

oclaf, Feb 5, 1:07pm
Crap. Should've read the small print. It tries to legitimise itself by practically saying it is a scam. 1 in 500 chance of actually getting a phone, $111.99p/m "subscription" etc. My mother came up to me the other day all excited about these $1 iPhones being offered, I read it and was just nope.
Credit card charges can sometimes be reversed in cases of fraud/theft, I highly doubt this would qualify though. Worth a shot.
Also, because its likely that just canceling the Visa will not be effective; read this:
http://www.nasdaq.com/personal-finance/pull-the-plug-on-recurring-charges.aspx

trade_menow, Feb 5, 1:36pm
op - yup fell into the same trap thou the alarm bell went off when i noticed the part they wanted a scanned copy of drivers licence and a utility bill , of course by then they already had the credit card details - DOH.

Kiwibank were pretty good and cancelled the card but the replacement is $15 small price to pay from getting scammed more i guess
Oh - and in the banking site once your log in go to settings - cards - cancel atm eftpos Or Visa debit - select the card in the drop down menu then if you want another you can order online. But you cant do any of that if there are outstanding authorisations

kevlight, Feb 5, 5:13pm
trade_menow thanks ,i will follow your suggestions thats a great help,and thanks to other Posters too.
. trusting/ open/ honest/ and Internet ?. i find as I'm getting older, the one highly polished brain cell i have left (just like my Teeth )those cells have all worn out ,and fallen off the plot !
. its a full moon out there be careful !

mr-word, Feb 6, 3:03am
Why didn't you do a charge back instead of just cancelling your credit card?
I was scammed by hostel bookers though for a hostel they didn't book cost me $57.

kevlight, Feb 6, 4:33am
I use a Visa Debit card for trans actions on the Net ,,; i dont really know enough about them, but im sure they do not have a' charge back' ability ;
thanks for your suggestion ,can any one confirm my understanding of the Visa Debit Card; does it have a 'charge back' ability ,thanks

trade_menow, Feb 6, 8:12am
Yes it does have a chargeback ability - you'll need to contact the bank and they will post out the forms - but theres a $15 fee for them to do it but that was last year sometime when i asked so that may be the same - or more you'll only find out when you contact the bank - good luck
they got 2 lots of $1.66 so guess im lucky they didnt get more - probally tried but the card was cancelled

trade_menow, Sep 5, 7:48am

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)