How could this happen

This has got me gobsmacked. I am with a landline telephone provider and I have call minder, where if I am not home people can leave a message. When I listen to that message it give me the date and time and what number the message was received from then you can hear the message. I have a friend with a different landline telephone provider. So far so basic and hey so what. Well here it gets interesting. I have on my call minder service a message (not a very nice one) received on said date at said time from friends number. The voice is definately that of my friend. When I confronted them about it they denied it. They went so far as to contact their provider and get them to send me a copy of there phone records for that day from said number. There is no record of them calling me at that time. WFT how is this possible. Clues, theories and ideas please

geek_suzieq1969, Apr 5, 1:04 am

recorded previously and then played back from a different number.

geek_king1, Apr 5, 1:23 am

Im not sure i get you, please elaborate (Who could have recorded what previously)

geek_suzieq1969, Apr 5, 2:27 am

Since when do service providers send call records to third parties.

geek_spyware, Apr 5, 11:11 am

it was sent by them, they turned of tracking for the time it took to send it

recording and sending from a different number will display that different number

geek_skin1235, Apr 5, 12:53 pm

Beside the message which considered to be recorded by that "friend", did the number attached to that message match their phone number?, if so, I can only think of one way to do it, by using a VOIP client on PC/laptop/smartphone, just one point here, the client needs to confirm it's their real number before allowing using it, so in short, if your "friend" has done it on purpose, they knew exactly-and what they were doing!, could be wrong

geek_flower_tears, Apr 5, 1:34 pm

You lost me with that one flower-tears

geek_suzieq1969, Apr 5, 4:02 pm

The phone company will not do such a thing.
Your friends voice.
Your friend is A)Lying B)not your friend.

geek_lythande1, Apr 5, 6:51 pm

Yes I have to agree, but yes their phone company did sent me the records.

geek_suzieq1969, Apr 5, 9:12 pm

Are you sure the records really came from the phone company? I really doubt they would even send these to their own customer, let alone a third party.

geek_mike2090, Apr 7, 10:25 am

The friend left you the shitty message and then draughted up a fake call log on the pc, sent it to you. The friend is a fake just like the call log you received.

geek_ross1970, Mar 18, 10:58 pm

Share this thread