Can someone tell me please.

leeran, Feb 18, 1:24am
I've just made a lot of additions in to Word document and when I went to close & save I got this message; " Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error". So annoying as don't want to lose a morning's work.

willfam, Feb 18, 2:08am
try saving in a different location, as a different file name.

Your computer is saying you don't have access/permission to modify that file or file location.

leeran, Feb 18, 3:20am
Thanks. yes it has happened before but I don't know why esp as a similar document that I've altered will save no problem. Could it be that it's too big? The one I'm trying to do is several pages long.

skin1235, Feb 18, 3:53am
just save it to a new location, perhaps change the name ( add a zero to the end of the name)
windows has its own reasons for creating these issues, and mere mortals are not supposed to understand

skin1235, Feb 18, 3:57am
also, what version of word, if 365 is it still current or has the subscription lapsed

skin1235, Feb 18, 3:59am
worst case scenario, print it to file and save the file as a .rtf file, or even convert it to pdf, you can convert it back once the issue with office is sorted

olack, Jul 28, 9:28pm
The file you altered was open in another location. maybe. Sometimes in Vista the File Permission popup window appears on the Taskbar and gets unnoticed by guess who for a minute or so, then all is well.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)