Google Play Services App

As this app takes up a lot of space (27.08mb) and its data on my phone is 10.98mb (total=38.07mb), I was wondering what would I lose if I deleted theapps data?

geek_dodie100, Aug 4, 7:40 pm

i would hazard a guess you will loose everything google - assuming you can even uninstall it
https://developers.google.com/android/guides/overview

geek_king1, Aug 4, 7:59 pm

38mb is really not a lot of space at all.

But yes you need it. And you probably can't uninstall it.

geek_suicidemonkey, Aug 4, 8:01 pm

You can't uninstall it. You could disable it bit it will break a lot of functionality.

geek_vtecintegra, Aug 4, 8:04 pm

A good quote from the web:

"To put it simply: if an Android app interacts with a Google service, chances are it's doing so through Google Play Services."

geek_ross1970, Aug 4, 8:47 pm

I actually deleted the data part of it and later it came back all on its own. I also installed another app and now the data of the app (google play services) has increased by another 2.10mb!

geek_dodie100, Aug 4, 8:49 pm

Again, we're talking an extremely small amount of space by today's standards.

geek_suicidemonkey, Aug 4, 8:51 pm

It is actually when you only have a total of 190mb phone space and now have only about 22mb left.

geek_dodie100, Aug 4, 8:51 pm

The Gingerbread man . ?

geek_ross1970, Aug 4, 8:54 pm

Sorry you didn't mention that, and my mind reading is a bit rusty recently.

Either way, deleting parts of system critical apps isn't the best idea.

Does you phone have an SD card slot? Apps that you've downloaded can often be moved to the SD card.

geek_suicidemonkey, Aug 4, 8:56 pm

Have an sd card and all apps that can me shifted without rooting are already in it.

geek_dodie100, Aug 4, 8:59 pm

As per the other thread your phone is obsolete - expecting to use it as a smart phone is just unrealistic.

geek_vtecintegra, Aug 4, 9:03 pm

Ha ha ! yes.

geek_dodie100, Aug 4, 9:03 pm

This ^. My 1 suggestion would be to just buy a new phone.

geek_nisty, Mar 21, 9:22 am

Share this thread