HELP URGENT 22000 emails downloading !

Why has this suddenly started to happen this afternoon.
All downloading normally earlier. Run Kaspersky all up to date.
Waht are these downloads. They are not appearing in my Inbox or Junk.
How do I stop it?
Thank you,
Roger

geek_countryart, May 16, 3:56 pm

Only downloading on my desktop not on my pad !

geek_countryart, May 16, 4:05 pm

Email client?, maybe you turned it on to sync with your email.

geek_wayne416, May 16, 4:08 pm

Thank you but what do I do?

geek_countryart, May 16, 4:29 pm

Same problem - 3500 emails. Stopped download. I am now letting them download to a spare laptop. Then I will sort by sender, change my email address with the senders I want to receive from to a current address, then change email settings for that account to "delete from server when I delete from computer," run send/receive again, which should clear the server, then delete all unwanted emails, then reinstate email account on main laptop and try running send/receive again. After I am sure I can get emails from everyone I want to I will delete that email account as it is spam ridden anyway.

geek_mojo49, May 16, 4:39 pm

wHERE ARE THEY GOING. tHEY ARE NOT SHOWING IN MY INBOX ALTHOUGH THEY ARE SHOWING AMONGST THE NUMERICAL NUMBER OF MESSAGES TO BE READ FOR THE INBOX.

geek_countryart, May 16, 5:08 pm

Maybe to Junk Folder. Mine tooka long time to start showing up in the Inbox as the laptop was so busy downloading it could not update the Inbox. Mine just finished downloading to the relevant Inbox. - 7317 unread emails. 982 offers of marriage from lovely Russian ladies, 2314 offers of assistance with a problem I did not know until now that I had, but when that many people tell me it must be true! I just noticed who you are. I have bought some stuff from you on TM. best of luck. Try cancelling the email send/receive and close your email to at least stop them while you check with your ISP what is happening.

geek_mojo49, May 16, 5:13 pm

What email client, checked spam box?. which provider.

geek_wayne416, May 16, 5:15 pm

So far 7992 showing as unread dowloaded next to INBOX but there are none downloaded to read or delete.

geek_countryart, May 16, 5:20 pm

old ones at the bottom of list perhaps

geek_king1, May 16, 5:39 pm

Hi,
Thanks. No I have gone to the bottom of the list back to 2010 but nothing !
Roger

geek_countryart, May 16, 5:58 pm

Can you log in webmail with your ISP and delete them from there ? it may save a very long download and then delete process on your pc - OP .

geek_tmg, May 16, 6:17 pm

yes, this. You possibly had your primary device set to "leave a copy of messages on the server", where the 'server' is your isp

geek_cookee_nz, Nov 18, 10:12 am

Share this thread