Shadow on lower centre of TV screen

Anyone know what will remove this please.

geek_eljayv, Jun 23, 4:42 pm

What make and model TV?
When purchased?
Seems to be a fault, not to be "fixed" by tinkering with screen controls (colour, brightness etc).
If still under warranty or not too far out of warranty then you are entitled to have the matter repaired at no cost. You have protection under Consumers Guarantee Act.
Go back to retailer. Or take it to a service centre for the make of TV and get advice.

geek_mariner26, Jun 23, 4:54 pm

If it is an older flat screen TV - or one with a high number of hours in use, it could be dust build up, heat from the screen causes a convection effect that pulls in air and dust that can get trapped between the inside front of the screen and the LCD or plasma panel. Sometimes you can get 3 or 4 vetical dark areas as a result of this, just depends on the vent arrangements on the TV. If this is what has happened on your TV you need a pro to clean it

geek_galex, Jun 23, 5:57 pm

Look up the model/brand and google it.
For all we here know, you are talking about a black and white crt tv.

IF its a flatscreen. A 'shadow' could be caused by a bad mylar connection to the screen.
I have one thats doing that now, if I squeeze the top of the tv it sorta helps.
Because its caused by a bad connection, as the screen warms up the shadow/picture repeat changes.

Find 'badcaps.com' search your model number.

geek_marte, Jun 23, 7:35 pm

This sounds more like it. Found some suggestions on google and you tube that look worth a try.

geek_eljayv, Jun 23, 7:39 pm

YouTube. Using a wiping motion to straighten out a warped layer? Sounds odd but I do see an improvement.

geek_eljayv, Jul 29, 10:02 am

Share this thread