Problem with Yahoo Mail

Can anyone help please? The only mailbox I can open is Inbox.
Can't delete or move anything, Any suggestions Please?

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 1:01 am

I have tried shutting down , removing the battery, and restarting. Didn't make any difference.

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 1:06 am

What program are you viewing your email with?

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 2, 1:11 am

Not sure. Would Yahoo Mail be right?

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 1:17 am

No. It will either be an email client program (Outlook, Thunderbird etc), or a web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc).

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 2, 1:21 am

OK. I think it is Outlook.

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 1:23 am

geek_vtecintegra, Mar 2, 1:26 am

So, you think it is a problem with Outlook. Are other people having the same problem?

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 1:29 am

How about opening it and taking a look and being exact.

geek_lythande1, Mar 2, 1:31 am

I am not very computer literate.Would you mind telling me how to do that please?

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 1:37 am

Outlook looks like this. Could be minor variations depending on version. http://www.sugarforge.org/screenshots/screenshot.php/497/787/fullsize/outlander-menu-full-screenshot.jpg See any similarity?

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 2, 2:20 am

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 2, 2:22 am

yahoo mail were having server issues yesterday

geek_pcmaster, Mar 2, 4:24 am

a lot of people do just blindly click cos they use icons as reference and know which one does what in their setup

(i.e. such logic as "the 'blue e' opens the internet", "the envelope opens my emails," "the funny blue W is so i can type stuff")

one person i know doesnt like to scroll down a webpage, so if they dont see what they want in the top 3rd of a webpage (or however much their screen displays by default) they claim they can't find it, or that it doesn't exist, even if what they want is just a bit further down the page

geek_pcmaster, Mar 2, 6:25 pm

It doesn't look like this.

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 8:03 pm

Are you using outlook.com then?
This isn't a program - it is a website.

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 2, 8:07 pm

The screen does look like this except that it doesn't have Outlook at the top. It has Yahoo Mail.

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 8:08 pm

Please show me on that page where I see the program.

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 8:12 pm

OK, looks like you are using Yahoo's webmail. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo!_Mail
Again, it is a website, not a program.

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 2, 8:19 pm

I know that some of you think I am a bit thick,but I am not. I am 78 and have not learnt about computers at school like most of you probably have. I am not conversant with terms like server, website, ISP ,etc., so I do find it difficult to sort out problems when they occur. To the people who are treating me as some kind of simpleton on here, it will be interesting to see how you handle the latest technology in another 50 years or so. I do appreciate the help that some of you are trying to give me though and thank you for that.

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 8:31 pm

Thank you. So any ideas how to sort the problem?

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 8:33 pm

Ok. So with your knowledge,could you please show me on the page displayed in message 12, where I see tha?

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 8:35 pm

On the very top left of the blue bar in the pic it says 'outlook'

geek_nice_lady, Mar 2, 9:02 pm

Thank you nice lady. But then I am being told that this is not a program , but a website. So I don't know whether we have found the right answer or not, but I do know that I haven't been given any ideas to fix the problem that I originally enquired about. I thought this message board would be a place where one could come for help, but it seems I was mistaken.

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 9:17 pm

The only positive thing I can take from this exersize is that I will know not to waste my time coming in here again.

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 9:21 pm

theres 2 versions of outlook

one is a program and comes bundled with the office suite (word excel, powerpoint etc)

and outlook.com which replaced hotmail - a web based email service owned and run by microsoft

geek_pcmaster, Mar 2, 9:24 pm

No, this message board can indeed be a great space to get help but it IS voluntary and you get a huge variety in quality of replies. The more info you can include in your enquiry the better.

what exactly do you click on to go to your mail?

If you are on a web based mail site then at the very top of your page it'll have a web address which will read something like this ' http://Hotmail.Com' or similar AND at the VERY to of the page on the let it'll say ' internet explorer' or 'google chrome' or,. If it's a program you are using which is installed on the computer then it will look more like that picture in post #12 and the name of the program will be at the top left.

geek_nice_lady, Mar 2, 9:25 pm

Very silly. You'll find almost any message board will be similar. Your only other option will be to pay a tech to provide the help you need most likely

geek_nice_lady, Mar 2, 9:27 pm

We like to help, but first we have to understand what you are doing. You were having trouble describing that.

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 2, 9:42 pm

I appreciate that, but in #4 I did say Yahoo Mail and that is what is showing in the position described by nice lady. However, at the very top it shows
https//us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=ceqrdrpm84jeb
I hope that makes some sense, because it means nothing to me. lol.

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 10:17 pm

thats yahoo webmail,

you'll be using microsoft internet explorer, mozilla firefox, or google chrome to access that probably, i'm guessing whichever you open to look at trademe.

geek_pcmaster, Mar 2, 10:19 pm

I have gone into my control panel and find that my default web browser in Internet Explorer. I hope that helps.

geek_midnight42, Mar 2, 10:33 pm

How old is your computer? Because if you are still on Windows XP you will still be using Internet Explorer version 8 - a very outdated and unsafe web browser. This can affect how websites appear.

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 3, 12:33 am

Thanks for your help r.g.nixon. I have changed to firefox and the problem is sorted.

geek_midnight42, Mar 3, 3:13 am

Phew! Live Long And Prosper!

geek_r.g.nixon, Jun 23, 4:54 am