VODAFONE PREPAID FOR MOBILE PHONE LASTS 30 days

rayj, Apr 23, 11:16pm
hI
I have a cellphone and only use 2 or 3 times a month. I used to have a vodafone prepaid and if I topped up say $10 it would last for 1 year, now it seems to last only 30 days. Is this correct? or am I being ripped off?
Is there any other NZ Telcos that are cheaper. I have tried 2 degrees and Skinny but they all last for 30 days.
Thanks
Please no smart remarks as I'm a old codger

suicidemonkey, Apr 23, 11:20pm
Once you top up you go on a monthly plan that last 30 days. Unfortunately it's not like the old days where you put the credit on the account and pay for each text and call.

patxyz, Apr 23, 11:28pm
Skinny does what you need. Don't buy a combo and you'll be on their standard rates.

rz_zone, Apr 23, 11:41pm
Every telco have this option, just dont subscribe to any combo.
Vodafone however when you buy a new sim, is default to $19 combos, just another way to make customers more confusing and to make profit I suppose. So you have to call em to change the plan, which might cost you at least $5 lol

Spark/2degrees still have the old 1 year credit option, as above, just dont subscribe to any combos.

pato1, Jan 19, 7:53pm
My phone use is similar to yours. I am on "Prepay Smart" with Vodafone and my top-up expires one year from top-up if not used. But of course it gets used up long before that. Hope this helps.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)