Windows 10 upgrade ?

How to stop Windows 10 from using your PC's bandwidth to update strangers' systems?
Is this true?

geek_sarah1955, Aug 12, 12:40 pm

Yes. You can avoid than by downloading the ISO instead of doing an online upgrade.

geek_r.g.nixon, Aug 12, 1:22 pm

geek_nice_lady, Aug 12, 1:25 pm

Ah, now I see - updates too, not just the initial 3GB download.

geek_r.g.nixon, Aug 12, 1:51 pm

Just turn metered connection on then it will stop.
settings / network and Internet / Wi-Fi / Advanced Options / Metered Connection, Turn to On.

geek_d.snell, Aug 12, 2:14 pm

if u r having probs goto this site and read up there is hundreds of tips on stopping updates killing spyware that ms stuck in there and a hell of a lot more don't bite my head off about mdl site you will even get tips from them on how to tweek your system . http://forums.mydigitallife.-
info/forums/54-Windows-10

geek_frogycrzy, Aug 12, 2:51 pm

'I'm using Windows 10 for the first time, right now! I bought a new notebook and had The Laptop Company Christchurch set up everything for me, so I would not have any problems! It's worth paying the extra to get a technican to set up Windows 10 on your computer. No worries or headaches! I have Windows Security switched off and have ESET Smart Security 8. ESET works away quietly in the background and you don't have to worry about updates.
The Laptop Company are the best! I bought my first computer off them 8 years ago; and got them to have Windows 10 user ready for me. No worries! :)))

geek_iwikiwi, Feb 26, 10:52 pm

Share this thread