Technical motherboard repairs recommendation in Au

Could people give technical motherboard repairs recommendations in Auckland please. I have checked all the aluminium (black kind) capacitors and not the Solid State Capacitors so i guess all the capacitors may be all ok, so now need a real technical repairer to check out and repair the motherboard.

geek_olack, Aug 12, 10:58 am

Throw it in the bin. Will cost you a minimum of $250 to diagnose and repair. And probably about $60 just to diagnose.

geek_d.snell, Aug 12, 1:51 pm

Yep - motherboards are dirt cheap even for reasonably good quality. No worth it dealing with old junk.

geek_vtecintegra, Aug 12, 1:58 pm

I dont know what your definition of "dirt cheap" is, but I agree that it will be more expensive to have one repaired than just buying a new one, that is if you can even fimd someone capable of repairs in the first place.

geek_schizoid, Aug 12, 2:49 pm

Ok, thanks, yes that is what I am finding out, from $185 for a repair and $50 to diagnose. Do they tell what is wrong so you can repair if they diagnose? I could fit a comaptible sized motherboard and configure the Power On button pins to the power on button, but not so sure about the USB port connecters. A USB3.0 card would fit in this box. A new board cost $200 for this pc. And then there is me holding my hand out for a fee. Always low.

geek_olack, Feb 23, 10:22 am

Share this thread