Firefox problem

laptop running 8.1, all of a sudden facebook wont let me log in with firefox keeps telling me java script needs to be enabled. Play a game there and it runs on F/F browser better than chrome or IE. Have checked browser its telling me java is enabled, uninstalled and reinstalled what do i need to do to get it sorted .TIA

geek_fifie, May 18, 9:13 am

Java is not connected to javascript in any way.
Uninstalling Firefox doesn't seem to get rid of it all. Run CCleaner's registry clean, as well as junk file clean. Then try reinstalling Firefox.

geek_r.g.nixon, May 18, 1:13 pm

Tried all that didn't work, either f/b changes or maybe a update has changed something ie and chrome fine. Never had much luck with FF on this puter, put it on for the game got 3-4 good days with it before the problem started so might just ditch it again lol, over it today Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

geek_fifie, May 18, 5:17 pm

You could try Opera. It will be better than IE, not sure about Chrome.

geek_r.g.nixon, May 18, 5:24 pm

Its gotta be the puter or update, am on desktop now which runs FF and its fine, Oh how i love 8.1 and the odd drama it fires at me occasionally lol. Will try opera , ie is hopeless and game is having issues with chrome. Thank you again.

geek_fifie, May 18, 5:52 pm

Running FF 38.0.5 - I am being told to turn on JavaScript but going through the trouble-shooting, it brings up an old FF page to enable JS, which doesnt exist in my Tools>Content page
What to do please?

geek_bayloft, Jun 17, 4:28 pm

Javascript is enabled by default. If you would like to disable Javascript, it can be done through about:config. Warning: These are advanced settings and can affect the security of the application. Please be cautious when using this function.

Enter about:config in the address bar.
Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue.
Search or scroll down to javascript.enabled. Double click on this to toggle. If javascript is disabled, value should be set to false.

geek_r.g.nixon, Aug 13, 4:26 am

Share this thread