Ipad, Tablet or .

My daughter has accidently broken her ipad 2 and we are thinking of maybe replacing it but with what we are not sure. She is 15 and doing NCEA and a lot of her work was on her ipad and it has been in to get fixed but is costing a lot to get fixed so thinking it not worth it and getting something else just not sure what though. She doesn't want a galaxy tablet (not sure why as I love Samsung but then that's just me) and not sure if we should get her a different phone or ipad / tablet any ideas thanks

geek_canarylegs, Jun 11, 6:38 pm

An iPad is a tablet.

Anyway, why not stick with what she's used to?

In the Android world, the only tablets worth looking at are the Nexus 9, the Nexus 7, the Galaxy Tab S and the Sony Xperia Z2 (in my opinion).

geek_suicidemonkey, Jun 11, 6:47 pm

iPad Mini.

geek_rz_zone, Jun 11, 7:09 pm

Before a decision is made (and I'm considering getting the microwave popcorn out) teach her how to back up important documents to the cloud.

geek_mikep, Jun 12, 12:09 am

iPad 2 can get on special now for $299

2nd hand good condition 3/4 can be had for $300 to $400.

geek_jon9, Jun 12, 8:51 am

Don't buy an iPad 3 - they're horribly slow and were basically a mistake in the first place (that's why they were so short lived).

4 is fine but they hold their value well enough that youre better off buying new.

geek_vtecintegra, Jun 12, 8:59 am

where can we get the ipad 2 for that price ? and yes I told her that all need to be sent to the cloud if she has an ipad again

geek_canarylegs, Jun 12, 11:25 am

Refurbished on 1day earlier this week, not much help but they will have them again.

I disagree on the iPad 3rd gen, I'm still rocking one and its fine. A lot faster than the 2. Was so short lived cause apple changed to Lightning plug and wanted to be universal across devices

geek_jon9, Jun 12, 11:43 am

It is absolutely not faster than a 2.

The problem with the 3 is the screen resolution was quadrupled from what the 2 had without adding enough extra graphics horsepower to actually drive it.

geek_vtecintegra, Jun 12, 12:11 pm

geek_lostdude, Aug 24, 10:14 pm

Share this thread