AVG uninstall

Hi - Im trying to uninstall the evil AVG because of the havoc it is creating with programs on my computer. However, it gets near the end of the uninstall and a message comes up saying AVG watchdog cannot be removed because you don't have the administrator's permission (or some such garbage) - can anyone help here - what to do about this ?

geek_gearbox1, May 17, 8:28 am

Logout and log back in with an account that has admin privileges.

geek_r.g.nixon, May 17, 9:23 am

uninstaller here if it is a corrupt installation
http://www.avg.com/ww-en/utilities

geek_king1, May 17, 10:04 am

Hi King, how do I know if my computer is 34 bit or 64 bit - I think it's 64 - only a new computer with Windows 8 on it ?

. and nixon, who might be the administrator on my computer - my next door neighbour perhaps ! I own the computer, I am the only one who uses it, I live by myself, but silly me I forgot about the cat, could he be the administrator ?

geek_gearbox1, May 17, 10:21 am

Hold the Windows key & hit the Pause key. You will see 32-bit or 64-bit there. Look for 'System Type'.

geek_r.g.nixon, May 17, 10:55 am

yes this is the same I had with McAfee uninstall

geek_delmic, May 17, 11:28 am

Hi thanks - yes it's 64 bit. It is not a corrupt installation by the way. I tried that link and that didn't work. I have googled the watchdog nonsense several times and there appears to be heaps of people with the same issue. You can uninstall up to a point and then the watchdog message comes up. I cannot work out how to get rid of it. Obviously AVG don't want you to get rid of their product, but this is getting ridiculous and mighty frustrating !

geek_gearbox1, May 17, 11:38 am

have you tried revo uninstaller?

geek_lilyfield, May 17, 11:43 am

So then log into your admin account. I don't see how this could possibly be simpler.

geek_vtecintegra, May 17, 11:44 am

if you cannot uninstall it then the installation is corrupt.
The uninstaller linked above will remove every bit of avg installed - I have used it on many occasions and it has never, not worked.
Are you choosing the incorrect version perhaps?

geek_king1, Nov 16, 4:06 pm

Share this thread