Old cellphone chargers and similar

footplate1, Feb 4, 11:44pm
I have a couple of file boxes of these things. It seems a shame to trash them even though they are not much use. Not even sure if listing them is worth it.

Does anyone know of anyone who has a use for such things?

I am in Auckland, incidentally.

asmawa1, Feb 5, 12:07am
Seems they have no use at all. This is from the Starship hospital cellphone appeal Q & A's
Do you accept chargers and accessories?

Yes we accept all chargers and accessories, although they have no re sale value, we dispose of them in line with environmental best practice.

footplate1, Feb 5, 12:52am
Thanks. We sent them our old cell phones but didn't think they wanted chargers.

I posted the note as I have been surprised in the past over what some people like to do with spare parts. Have looked at the Auckland council site, of course.

mrfxit, Feb 5, 7:53am
Should simply add them to my collection ;-)

socram, Feb 5, 8:13am
I have a massive ever growing box of old electrics/electronics, circuit boards, joysticks, chargers, cables, components etc., not to mention a mountain of old software and manuals. It all has to go sooner or later. mrfxit took the last pile!

kevlight, Feb 5, 10:10am
keep one or two of every thing and bin the rest to the local recycle /or local junk man.having said that, i have three of every thing, saved my butt a few times !

mrfxit, Feb 5, 6:54pm
When are you at the track next? (I have a van now ;-)

funho1, Feb 5, 7:41pm

jancemord, Feb 5, 7:44pm
You need a truck

mrfxit, Feb 5, 8:01pm
The last truck was too small, the van is bigger ;-)

velenski, Feb 5, 8:25pm
haha funny ,ive got boxes and boxes of old chargers that WILL be useful some day ;)

exwesty, Feb 5, 8:51pm
E Waste drop off at the stadium on Great South Rd, Manukau City this Saturday 7th Feb.

mojo49, Feb 5, 9:01pm
Tried to dump an old PC the other day. The tip people wanted $25 and I had to dump it separately to to rest of the trailer load which cost another $40. Took the PC home and devised plan B. You would not want to take a load of old electronics to a tip.

socram, Sep 6, 9:26am
Oh good! I'll be guaranteed to be there March 21/22nd if not before. Will post on here if down before.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)