Seeking Auckland web designer recommendations

I am looking for a web designer (only) to update our site and also make it mobile friendly. I don't require hosting, domain name registration or any other ongoing monthly fees, I just want a web designer, pay him for the update and leave me to manage the site as I always do with Dreamweaver. All the web designers I've found so far are only interested in a monthly contract. Any recommendation for an Auckland designer ONLY would be appreciated.

geek_cpg, Apr 22, 7:26 pm

You won't be able to maintain a modern site with Dreamweaver

geek_vtecintegra, Apr 22, 8:16 pm

Yep. Any reputable designer will be using their own custom-built backend, or something like Joomla, Wordpress, etc. Nothing that Dreamweaver will be able to maintain.

That's why there are monthly fees. They provide the backend for you to be able to update and manage your website.

geek_suicidemonkey, Apr 22, 9:21 pm

Indeed, we work with WordPress www.webhand.co.nz

geek_petrik, Apr 22, 9:45 pm

Actually I maintain a number of responsive websites in Dreamweaver. It is not the best choice I agree, but if it is the clients choice it can be done relatively easily.

However given the number of free templates for CMS like Joomla and Wordpress it is getting hard to justify.

geek_crosis_nz, Apr 23, 8:02 am

I am happy to take a look but cannot self promote. Like others have said above it is better to look into a CMS like Wordpress (I am not a Joomla fan due to how its created etc). As it seems it could possibly cost more to make it responsive then re do the whole site

geek_jancemord, Jan 22, 10:57 pm

Share this thread