Network problem

I have brought a new router. have it hooked up and 2 pc's are working thru it and wifi is working. I can see all 3 computer hard drives but can not open them ?. . I carnt sort it any pc people do house calls in around avonside, Christchurch?. I carnt ring the 0800 number for tp link as they don't take cell calls,, and don't have a land line . Cheers .

geek_cranken28, Jun 10, 10:12 pm

I can open 1 hard drive on anther computer in the network . but no others, all settings look to be the same .

geek_cranken28, Jun 11, 6:04 pm

Routers with layer2 switches on the LAN side don't control access privileges to SMB shares. So no point calling TP LINK at all.

geek_spyware, Jun 11, 6:21 pm

And there are no such settings that have anything to do with SMB shares.

geek_spyware, Jun 11, 6:29 pm

would you have a link to a web site on this subject . .When I click on view or print homegroup password, it just clicks like a window has opened but no window opens .LOL probley easy for someone that knows what they are doing . I have youtubed it ,, nothing of any use came up

geek_cranken28, Jun 11, 6:31 pm

The best thing you can do is not to use homegroup password. Learn the basics of samba sharing with permissions via accounts by share and file/folder.

geek_spyware, Jun 11, 6:33 pm

geek_spyware, Jun 11, 6:34 pm

it comes up at step two, "Windows can not leave the homegroup"

geek_cranken28, Jun 11, 6:39 pm

"Windows couldn't remove your computer from the homegroup"

geek_cranken28, Aug 29, 4:12 am

Share this thread