Name of cord going from preview box to TV

I need to get a longer cord that is attached to the preview box going into the TV, can someone please tell me the name and where I can purchase one online. Thanks

geek_kakakaren, Jun 19, 8:13 pm

Is it a satellite or aerial connection?

geek_pyro_sniper2002, Jun 19, 8:27 pm

I call mine Gerald.

geek_sifty, Jun 19, 8:39 pm

I was tempted so say "Mabel" but really I suspect it's called an HDMI cable: Where to buy?

geek_wembley1, Jun 19, 8:48 pm

Its a satellite connection.

geek_kakakaren, Jun 19, 9:22 pm

Don't get sucked into paying $75 for a HDMI cable - Harvey Norman in particular I have found are bad for this. They will try to tell you it will improve picture quality but HDMI is digital so either it works or it doesn't, you can't get better picture by paying $100 for a cable.

geek_piperguy, Jun 19, 10:54 pm

so you want to extend your coax cable from the wall to your tv?

if thats the case you'll want some RG6 Coax and some connectors

geek_pcmaster, Jun 20, 12:08 am

In saying that, don't buy $5 HDMI cables off Trademe either. While the picture quality is not an issue, I've had a few that have broken within a few months.

geek_suicidemonkey, Jun 20, 1:11 am

Out of curiosity when you say they that they have broken , does this mean you plugged them in once and after a few months have crapped out or were they unplugged regularly ?

geek_blenheim-trader, Aug 5, 5:20 pm