Can't access this BNZ link, can anyone else?

This has got me stumped, I'm trying to book UK rail tickets and after I put in my BNZ visa details it tries to display a cardsecurity page, but always times out. I rang BNZ and the operator suggested using the BNZ website to at least try and register for the cardsecurity option, but I can't access that either. So I emailed BNZ, and they confirmed the site is up, and gave me the link below which is the registration page. I can't get the page up. The 'Isthesiteup' results confirm the HTTPS site is up (don't use an HTTP search, it will say it's down). I've tried 3 computers, 3 browsers, our ISP is Spark.

Could someone else try this or make a suggestion please. Again, this is the registration link and no login is required prior to this link: Thanks.

https://cardsecurity.bnz.co.nz/vpas/bnzvbv/enroll/index.jsp?locale=en_GB&bankid=15

geek_gyrogearloose, Jun 10, 4:28 pm

works for me.

geek_gibler, Jun 10, 4:33 pm

Working fine here.

Try a different internet.connection

geek_vtecintegra, Jun 10, 5:21 pm

Fine on latest Firefox beta via Vodafone.

geek_r.g.nixon, Jun 10, 5:25 pm

Bank of New Zealand Verified By Visa service - The safer way to pay on the Internet with your Visa credit card
yup and i am on live dvd kanotix linux

geek_intrade, Jun 10, 6:28 pm

Works for me on FF - however I do get a warning about a plugin have security vulerabilities and needing to activate? jave.

Perhaps it's a Java issue.

geek_mikep, Jun 10, 8:23 pm

Not java. I have java plugins blocked, as per security expert advice.

geek_r.g.nixon, Jun 10, 8:30 pm

Indeed, using a 2 degrees dongle it works! I'd already updated Java and reset the prompts and that didn't help.

So in conclusion, there's something wrong with the routing between me, using Spark, and cardsecurity.bnz.co.nz

Anyone else using Spark have trouble accessing: https://cardsecurity.bnz.co.nz/vpas/bnzvbv/enroll/index.jsp?locale=en_GB&bankid=15

geek_gyrogearloose, Jun 10, 8:53 pm

No problem here with Spark also. What's the bet Sparks DNS servers have been hijacked. yet again. Hence the reason why I believe it's working for me. I manually switched to OpenDNS and Transpeer on my router after the first time this happened. It happened again last year (or was it the year before?) whilst I trucked along blissfully unaware until I read it here lol.

geek_lostdude, Sep 1, 8:55 am

Share this thread