Best 64 bit software

recomendations:

for web browser
and antivirus

win 7 64 bit 12 gig ram SSD harddrive

thanks

geek_sakkara, May 17, 9:28 am

Just install the browser you like, its personal choice. With chrome for example on a 64bit os you're going to get the 32 bit version of Chrome anyway unless you specifically choose the 64bit version. Most people will have the 32bit without even realizing while thinking it must be the 64bit version because their os is. Not.

geek_ross1970, May 17, 9:38 am

Most popular software will be 64 bit. Just use what you like.

Most of the time you'd never tell the difference anyway

geek_suicidemonkey, May 17, 10:33 am

Browser- Pale Moon, AV- Comodo Internet Security Premium with or without firewall, you choose on install. Both free.

geek_wayne416, May 17, 10:47 am

Firefox & Panda. Both 32-bit. There is usually no advantage in looking for 64-bit versions.

geek_r.g.nixon, May 17, 11:02 am

I had Mozilla Firebird but my avast didnt like it so I deleted Firebird. Is there a free Outlook without any fishhooks, snares, traps, for newbies setting up their windows 8.1 Lap.and how many bits might an acer Aspire E15 Esl521 p8na be?. I dont want to download something that traps my computer. thanks

geek_delmic, May 17, 10:37 pm

The closest free program like Outlook is 'eM Client'. I run it on Win 8.
The free version can run two email addresses, does Email,Calendar, Tasks, Facebook Chat etc.
See this 2m 30s youtube intro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4EPNvVUP7k

geek_r.g.nixon, May 17, 10:49 pm

I wonder if they mean Firefox? It hasn't been called Firebird for what - 12 years? (I started with Mozilla Firebird 0.6).

geek_r.g.nixon, May 17, 10:56 pm

I have no idea what to make of that post.

geek_suicidemonkey, May 17, 10:58 pm

thanks rg nixon. I like emclient on hotmail

geek_delmic, May 19, 9:57 am

Firefox is my browser of choice. I like Mercury on the iPad which is similar.

geek_mcdaff, Nov 11, 10:18 am

Share this thread