Can't send email from tablet in hotel

jh34, Mar 24, 7:09pm
Does anyone understand "server doesn't support authentication "?
Thanks

vtecintegra, Mar 24, 7:26pm
Use your providers webmail instead.

Also consider switching to a proper email provider who provides a modern, working service - Outlook.com and Gmail are two free options.

king1, Mar 24, 7:27pm
happens on xxx@clear.net.nz email addresses. The following applies if this is the case. If not you need to recheck your settings

AFAIK they don't support SSL and authentication (ie supplying a user name and password to send mail).
Instead clear/telstra/voda will only send mail if you are on a vodafone internet connection using the clear/voda outgoing mail server.

The work around is to set up a gmail account and use that to send mail on behalf of the clear account. or use the webmail page http://clearnet.co.nz/index.html

jh34, Mar 24, 8:28pm
Thanks. I remembered the Web mail (eventually ) the other problem however is trying to send a Drive Spreadsheet (I. e attachments ) as the Explorer on android has limited options.

ianab, Mar 24, 10:10pm
You can install a better browser on Android, like Firefox or Chrome.

flower_tears, Apr 22, 5:28am
Save the spreadsheet locally from the "Drive" cloud to your tablet, open your webmail via the browser, attach the spreadsheet, send. Done in numerous times on Android tablets :)

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)