Malawarebytes has detected

pup.optional.searchprotect.a on my computer. I've googled it and I should remove it but it's doing my head in deciding which program I need to install to remove it. Also I'm worried i'll install more trouble so if anyone can please give me advice on the safest way to get rid of it I would appreciate the help.
Thanks

geek_sue193, Mar 17, 6:03 pm

You don't need to install anything. Malwarebytes offers to delete it after detecting it.

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 17, 6:16 pm

That's true and I did delete it but now I'm getting a pop up constantly saying this is trying to access my (husbands) computer and Malawarebytes is blocking it. I'd like to totally be rid of it if possible. I did the same scan on my own computer and it's fine. thanks

geek_sue193, Mar 17, 6:22 pm

It sounds like you didn't do the scan with the computer in 'Safe Mode'. Just restarting the computer might make the pop-up go away, but if not, repeat the scan in Safe Mode.
www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 17, 6:27 pm

Thanks, I'll try that.

geek_sue193, Mar 17, 6:33 pm

Malawarebytes found another 129 instances of the same thing in safemode. All deleted and the pop up gone.
Thanks again.

geek_sue193, Mar 17, 7:29 pm

Have a look in your installed programs also.

There may be something is there that you don't need.

geek_metarzan, Mar 17, 7:41 pm

I did that thanks but there are a lot and I don't know what is necessary and what isn't.

geek_sue193, May 13, 4:25 pm

Share this thread