ISP -- Internet address

I am thinking of changing my ISP company so that I have my landline and broadband with the same company. Can anyone tell me if I can keep my exact same e-mail address, -- I've had it for about 15 yrs and dont want to change it.

geek_jfor, Mar 11, 10:41 pm

not unless it is a yahoo hotmail or what ever.
if its a isp based mail you will need to pay to keep it or loose it.
its why i use yahoo.com for mail nothing else since ever so i can switch isp when ever i have had enough. was long with slingshot and now ages with snap. and started off with xtra-sux

geek_intrade, Mar 11, 10:53 pm

Ask the company,it may already be taken .
I changed a while ago and was told could have it, but was already taken so
just added the first initial of christian name and all was good.

geek_1830, Mar 11, 11:02 pm

It might depend. I still have my clear email from about 11 years ago. Free.

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 11, 11:12 pm

Call your current isp and ask em how much its going to cost. As its usually gets cancelled straight away after you move to another isp. Which means, you will lose all your emails unless you back it up to your desktop.

I recommend gmail, and gmx.

geek_rz_zone, Mar 11, 11:13 pm

And my free lifetime Orcon email from 16 years ago.

geek_r.g.nixon, Mar 11, 11:13 pm

Thanks all, still hav'nt done it, the curry from the punjab tells me if I change to xtra I can still keep my old email address, something just dosent sound right to me ! -- dont know about disconections or conection fees .

geek_jfor, Mar 13, 8:30 pm

You will probably end up paying a monthly fee to use it. I can never understand why people use their isp's email address

geek_hayster94, Mar 13, 9:48 pm

They will do it for nothing because it's a good way of getting their name out there.

geek_hakatere1, Mar 14, 8:44 am

Same here, but it is limited to 50mb in size which these days, can be filled with 3 or 4 emails
I still use it, but as a backup only and run GMX as my main email which is great

geek_kew, Mar 14, 9:29 am

My Orcon and Clear emails get POP'd straight to gmail every 30 mins or so.

geek_r.g.nixon, May 25, 3:31 am

Share this thread