Make a recovery image like in retail PCs

Can someone how me info about this. I think someone showed me this before but now I have some new PCs that i would like to do this with. I mean the kind of recovery mage the manufacturers PCs have in a seperate partition.

geek_olack, Jul 9, 12:08 am

geek_hapukanz, Jul 9, 1:53 am

You could use Macrium Reflect 6. This new version has an option to add recovery from the image file via a new entry in the boot menu.

geek_r.g.nixon, Jul 9, 7:49 am

Thanks you guys. Apologys for being slow to respond.

geek_olack, Jul 10, 11:37 pm

I use Active @ Image.
Not free but the best one I've seen since real Ghost. (Not the Symantec same named one)

geek_lythande1, Jul 11, 6:41 am

I just use the MS Tools Imagex etc along with a WIN PE bootable USB drive.

geek_gibler, Jul 11, 8:55 am

Yea the manufactures clone/reinstall/ refresh/ restore versions (whatever they want to call it) seems to be a closely guarded secret prg system.
Would love to obtain a copy of what they use to make their system restore dvd's (& easy instructions of course)

geek_mrfxit, Jul 11, 11:22 am

I am novical, am I allowed to make up such a word . ?. when it comes to PC repairs but I do finish the job successfully. Thanks for the tips.

geek_olack, Jul 16, 2:53 am

The problem with this laptop was someone kind of obviously sat on it and bent all that could be bent without cracking the touch screen and the touch screen was activating constantly showing little flashing circles and sometimes lines joining the circles together. I had not repaired a touch screen laptop before. I finally disabled the touch screen driver and straightened a few bent metal hinge brackets.
I posted because I wanted to be sure I could restore the laptop perating system but it had a restore partition and a restore worked fine.

geek_olack, Apr 4, 4:03 am

Share this thread