Alert Centre saying firewall is off when it is on

I am using Windows 7. I also have Norton (NIS) and I use their firewall ?? have been for years with no issues. This morning my Action Centre alert says the Norton firewall is off. When I go into NIS it says it is on. On Saturday I did download the latest free version of Malwarebytes (from Hippo). When I ran it nothing came up ?? so all good there. I have also always had Malwarebytes. Can anyone tell me why the Action Centre is now telling me this? Tia.

geek_dee238, May 26, 5:23 am

Try un-installing nas and Malwarebytes again and then try with just malwarebytes again, after rebooting. Similar programs dislike running together.

geek_hakatere1, May 26, 6:13 am

As you've not long ago installed the "free" version of Malwarebytes, maybe there is a chance you accepted the trial version which will revert to the free version after 30 days or whatever. Just a thought, as from memory I think they offer you the trial which you can either accept or just start with the free version.

If you have the free version it won't be running in real time, but the premium version will, which could conflict with something else.

geek_chnman, Oct 18, 10:56 pm

Share this thread