Windows 7 Updates Keep Failing

Hi there

I have had a lot of trouble with some Windows 6 Updates lately. For some reason some of them just won't update correctly.

I have tried to update them one by one. all together. re-boot in between etc etc. but nothing I've tried helps.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get these to update and or what the problem might be?

https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/388580531.jpg

geek_zolloz, Jun 8, 11:25 pm

geek_king1, Jun 8, 11:53 pm

Google the KBxxxxxxx number and look at the Microsoft description. KB3011780 for example has no security risk on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, so you could safely skip that update.

geek_gyrogearloose, Jun 9, 7:46 am

I have just re-installed Win 7 on my pc and was having the same issue with service pack 1. My issue was caused by forgetting to validate my re-install. After re-validating through windows update the service pack installed correctly.

geek_apollo11, Jun 9, 2:40 pm

Of course you will have trouble . there are no win 6 updates theres not even a win 6 os

geek_trade_menow, Jun 9, 2:52 pm

geek_gyrogearloose, Jun 9, 4:26 pm

A versioning scheme for W7 hardly makes it "Windows 6"

geek_ross1970, Jun 9, 4:46 pm

win 6.0 is/was vista

geek_king1, Jun 9, 5:13 pm

When was Vista ever called W6?

geek_ross1970, Jun 9, 5:17 pm

Regardless of its consumer friendly name, vista is windows version 6.0

trade_menow wrote:
. there are no win 6 updates theres not even a win 6 os

This statement is therefore technically incorrect. But hey its just semantics, no need to panic

geek_king1, Jun 9, 5:57 pm

Yeah just semantic bullshit really.

geek_ross1970, Jun 9, 6:18 pm

Sorry for the confsuion guys. I of course meant Windows 7 (Can't type either).

Tried the Mr Fixit tool but no luck either. It is extremely frustrating but if they are not critical I guess I'll live with it.

geek_zolloz, Jun 10, 4:55 pm

heres another one that is my next choice when the fixit doesn't work. Little bit more daunting though - untick everything except the windows update repair
http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

geek_king1, Sep 2, 3:15 pm

Share this thread