Please help emails

so i brought another laptop and put my windows live mail on and now all my old emails are coming through up to 4000 now all the way to a year ago i push stop in receive bit but when open windows live mail again it carries on with all old emails how do i stop this

geek_mmkgirl, May 18, 1:45 pm

Close windows live, go online to your account and delete old emails.

geek_wayne416, May 18, 2:30 pm

sorry i not really good on computers on my other laptop all emails are deleted so dont really know what you mean

geek_mmkgirl, May 18, 3:32 pm

Let them download. It won't take long as only minimal information such as the sender, subject, and date/time are downloaded. Once you choose to read a message, the rest of the message body is then fetched by your e-mail client. You are using the IMAP method of reading email.
See www.ofzenandcomputing.com/difference-between-pop-and-imap/

geek_r.g.nixon, May 18, 3:46 pm

How far will it go though its already gone back to jan 2014 5000 messages later driving me insane

geek_mmkgirl, May 18, 3:55 pm

It will get all the 'headers', none of the content unless or until you open each one.

geek_r.g.nixon, May 18, 4:05 pm

Go to the website for your ISP, find the link for email (webmail) and delete unwanted messages from there. And set your lapthop email settings to remove messages from server when you delete them

geek_cookee_nz, May 18, 10:41 pm

mmkgirl
Are you with Xtra? not the first case of this if you are
I know someone in the last three days, have deleted emails from 2011 returning to their in box
And "yes" its stuffed the whole account up

geek_sqidlie, May 19, 3:26 am

You chose to "keep a copy on server" or use IMAP which means the same thing.
So, they are downloading off your email providers server again.
Delete them from the server, not your own PC.

geek_lythande1, Nov 11, 3:28 pm

Share this thread