Asus transformer t300 tablet

wont turn on at all no matter what I try having googled methods to try. Any idea of a very rough cost to get repaired? (I know how long is a piece of string) I know its charged but just got black screen no sign of life I am wondering if its the power button though as it at times not reacted like I thought it would - thanks

geek_hyborn, Aug 24, 2:34 pm

Try this: Remove the power cord. Turn the notebook over to remove the battery. Slide the lock tab . over and open it (procedure may different between notebooks). Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then release the power button. Connect the power cord. Try starting it up again. Reattach the battery.

geek_r.g.nixon, Aug 24, 2:47 pm

thanks r.g.nixon but its one of those that you cant remove the battery from :-(

geek_hyborn, Aug 24, 2:51 pm

Hmm. a 1-3 hour job. www.ifixit.com/Guide/Disassembling+Asus+Transformer+Pad+TF300/11794

If less than 3 years old, ask the retailer you bought it from to fix it for free (the CGA applies. Goods must work satisfactorily for a reasonable length of time).

geek_r.g.nixon, Aug 24, 3:04 pm

Ok many thanks r.g.nixon will look at that and see what store has to say never had much luck on that!

geek_hyborn, Aug 24, 3:43 pm

Remove it from keypad and plug charger into tablet itself,,Then try turning it on.

geek_terry012, Aug 25, 12:06 am

Mine still turns on, but will not charge. The charge light flashes continuously.

Edit:Oops, my mistake. Different model.

geek_emmerson1, Aug 26, 10:58 pm

On these the charger cable plugs direct into the tablet

geek_hi-ling, Jan 11, 4:20 pm

Share this thread