What is this connecter?


Does anyone know what this is called?

It's not a Centronics, the clearance inside (side-side is about 3-4mm).

geek_moltenfire, Jul 2, 5:58 pm

geek_amphipod, Jul 2, 6:07 pm

geek_pozzie-nz, Jul 2, 6:47 pm

I think it's a 50-pin SCSI disk drive connector.

geek_gyrogearloose, Jul 2, 7:41 pm

No, it has 25+24+25 rows of connectors, ie 74 in total.

geek_moltenfire, Jul 2, 8:36 pm

I don't think that's right AFAIK there are no 3-row connectors. Gyro is right I think, a 50-pin scsi connector, used for scsi hard drives. Scsi (small computer systems interface) was a somewhat more sophisticated hard drive system than the conventional Modified Frequency Modulation (MFM); or "RLL" (run length limited) used in early computers.

geek_cjdnzl, Jul 2, 8:50 pm

Ah many thanks - yep there is a row of 24 apparent 'connectors' in the centre but they ain't connected to anything. Your help has steered me to SCSI and yes it is a HPDB50/SCSI-2/SCSI-3. The HP stands for half pitch.

geek_moltenfire, Jul 2, 11:13 pm

Yer not wrong. it is the Half-Pitch type HPDB50. Thanks,

geek_moltenfire, Jun 29, 10:21 am

Share this thread