Bent iPhone 6

Noticed I had a bend in my iPhone 6 in the weekend. Unsure how it happened, I presume from being taken in and out of its case and it is never in my pocket etc. Phone still works perfectly.

I took to the Yoobee Shop in the mall who told me to visit their service centre store, so I went there just to be told to ring Apple.

Apple said it is not under their warranty but would give me a replacement for $449. If it wasn't their issue. why would they give me a replacement for over half the price?

I have done a lot of googling. most say that it is just hit or miss on who you get in the shop, Others say no hope in a replacement, others say they got a replacement no trouble.

Disappointed that my $1000 investment can be bent/broken approx 4-5 months.

Anyone else had a bent iphone?

geek_nade93, Jun 17, 4:08 pm

Warranty doesn't cover user damage. Neither does the CGA.

geek_suicidemonkey, Jun 17, 4:10 pm

Aware of that, but bending iPhones have been a huge issue when the 6 came out so thought Apple might have put some kind of procedure in place. Just asking whether or not if any one else has a 6 that bent and what they did about it ie. get it replaced or fixed etc.

geek_nade93, Jun 17, 4:23 pm

Didn't you get the memo? That's a new feature of the iphone 6, bends without any effort at all. LG took it even further and made permanently bent phones lol.

Sarcasm aside, it was only a few days after release that reports started flooding in about the iphone 6 bending easily. It's a flaw in the unibody design but Apple will never admit to that.

geek_lostdude, Jun 17, 4:25 pm

It wouldn't bend during normal usage. If its bent due to you bending it how do you expect apple to be responsible?

I would go into the store you purchased it from and state your case. Or you could claim under contents insurance

geek_jon9, Jun 17, 5:24 pm

is it broken, or just slightly out of shape ?

geek_black-heart, Jun 17, 9:50 pm

There were news items when they first came out that they bend easily. Did you not see them?

geek_cassina1, Jun 17, 10:08 pm

Ooops.

geek_michaelqian, Jun 18, 1:36 am

Of course I saw on the news that they bent. It was a big story at the time.

All I wanted to know is if anyone else had an iphone 6 that bent and what they did. Whether they left it, somehow got it fixed or somehow talked Apple in to giving them a new one.

geek_nade93, Jun 18, 8:32 am

The $449 price is for a refurb, that is what I paid for a refurb phone when I dropped my iphone 5 in the toilet.

geek_piperguy, Jun 18, 1:42 pm

Piperguy where do you look online to buy a refurb i phone?

geek_tanya170, Jun 18, 8:46 pm

1-day.co.nz usually has refurbished iphones

geek_nade93, Aug 10, 3:07 pm

Share this thread