Blood Alcohol Testers?

I have no idea, but my opinion would be, if you think you need to test yourself, you probably have no business driving anyway.

geek_oclaf, Feb 20, 4:46 pm

If you're going to be driving, don't drink. Pretty f simple.

geek_ross1970, Feb 20, 5:44 pm

Are you absolutely certain that's not a breath alcohol tester, I would have expected the needle and chemicals for blood testing to be a little more expensive.

geek_gyrogearloose, Feb 20, 6:36 pm

+1

The cheapies are not accurate anyway.

The one I had years ago needed to be constantly calibrated by someone who had not had any alcohol. And even then it gave wildly varying results.

geek_suicidemonkey, Feb 20, 9:59 pm

Wouldn't this constant calibration have drained all of the sober driver's blood?

geek_gyrogearloose, Feb 21, 9:45 am

I know heaps of losers would rather put the $10 towards another drink though.

geek_hakatere1, Feb 21, 10:26 am

I disagree with the idea 'if you need to test, you shouldn't be driving' concept, its because the limit is now so low that you simply cannot 'judge' it the effect at the current limit is imperceptible to most people. Also the situation of having a celebration, and drinking a lot, its difficult to know when your system is alcohol free again, you can feel absolutely normal but be over the new limit.(ie the next day). That said, the breath analysers are not reliable and the police have said tough, you fail their test you get prosecuted. Having used a self test & passed is not going to help in court.

geek_black-heart, Jul 23, 2:53 pm

Share this thread