***Connecting to Mobile broadband***

We are using wifi at home but want to swap over to mobile broadband for a month while we are away on the road.
We have tried to get the mobile broadband to work on the T stick now while still at home but it won't connect to the T stick.
Is there something else we should be doing?
Thanks for any help.

geek_standard, May 6, 3:47 am

providing error messages related to the t stick would be helpful. and any symptoms. 'it won't connect' says nothing.

geek_king1, May 6, 3:51 am

You've provided very little helpful information. will need more specific info.

geek_suicidemonkey, May 6, 4:22 am

Plug into computer and a dialog should come up 'run setup.exe'. Double click it and follow instructions. After any top ups to activate the top up you must unplug, wait a few seconds and plug back in and wait for it to open homepage and your good to go.

geek_wayne416, May 6, 4:36 am

I've been using mobile broadband as our only internet for about 3-4 years now and never unplugged after topping up. I couldnt even tell you the last time the stick was out of the laptop.
What provider and stick are you using OP?

geek_datoofairy, May 6, 4:40 am

2Degrees is what i use and must be unplugged after top up to activate new data unless its changed. Will try next time and leave it in. PS I don't do it online but buy a voucher.

geek_wayne416, May 6, 4:48 am

Thanks everyone, we didn't know that after you top up your t stick on line you have to ring Spark to tell them which plan you want. Dahhh. :-)

geek_standard, May 6, 5:04 am

skinny is the cheapest 16$ combo and then 10$ for 1 gig gives you 1.5 gig for prepay 26$ unlimitted txt 100 minutes nz and australia calling . i just turned data off and use usb tethering on nexus 5 with lte it is spark compatible as you need a spark-ex-telecon capable divise for all networks

geek_intrade, May 7, 8:42 pm

The T stick was unreliable until we added a meter extension cord to it. Maybe you have some structure in the line of sight or just location in usb.

geek_5425, Dec 12, 2:01 am