Damn windows 10. can someone tell me plz?

what are they thinking! this is the first time i am up against win 10. I just put a flash drive in. this is ridiculous! the easiest things are where? How do I see what is on it? where is the old "computer" icon?

geek_kiwibookhunter, Aug 8, 6:37 pm

ten minutes. that is all it took to find. good one mr gates. you suck.

geek_kiwibookhunter, Aug 8, 6:47 pm

It's in exactly the same place it was in 7 and 8.

geek_vtecintegra, Aug 8, 7:26 pm

Win + E

geek_r.g.nixon, Aug 8, 8:12 pm

Are you kidding Op? Even if you missed the "This PC" desktop icon it's Windows key + E, which can then be set ( in folder options ) to either open showing "This PC" or your "Quick access".

Then there's - Settings app - devices - autoplay - Set it to auto open file explorer.
To make it even simpler for you .

geek_ross1970, Aug 8, 8:15 pm

I've just installed 10 on my desktop,reluctantly , but I couldn't help myself!
It seems ok to me so far. THings are a wee bit diff but I'll learn.
I go back to DOS and pre windows days ( in fact back to Amstrad and VIC 20 days !). Then now-a-day folks would have had sumfink to grizzle about !

geek_mike16, Aug 8, 8:28 pm

I like it so far but one thing I find strange is it has the settings app but still retains the old control panel as well. I thought any new settings app would have absorbed the control panel.

geek_ross1970, Aug 8, 8:36 pm

That's right, they changed the name from computer to this pc. Which I found in around 2 seconds.
They took the good things from before that failure they called 8, and included the very, very, few things found in a small dark corner of Windows 8, made a few minor tweaks and there's 10.
I like it a lot so far. I've got Windows 10 and 10 Pro.
Cortana is good too.

geek_trevenco, Mar 8, 11:16 pm

Share this thread