Galaxy S2 Phone Keeps Going Flat!

wellygoggles, Feb 17, 1:10am
My Android phone is on the blink SIGH It keeps saying the battery is flat so I recharge it & as soon as it's recharged and I take the charger out, it goes flat again! I went to Dick Smiths & JV HiFi yesterday and both sell new phones, but not the batteries. Should I take it to a repairers?

suicidemonkey, Feb 17, 1:12am
Have you looked on Trademe? New batteries cost about $5.

shaun16, Feb 17, 1:13am
you can get the batteries off here. just buy one and stick it in. and it should be all good again

wellygoggles, Feb 17, 1:15am
Thanks, but I want a new battery within the hour. I'm in Devonport - can anyone tell where I can get one pls?

shaun16, Feb 17, 1:25am
good luck with that. I doubt many if any actual shops stock batteries for a now "obsolete" phone

mazdasix, Feb 17, 1:27am
Unlikely.

rz_zone, Feb 17, 1:34am
Pb Tech Penrose have it in stock, according to their website. Also the Queen St store.

http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?sf=Galaxy+s2+battery&p=search

wellygoggles, Feb 17, 3:16am
Thanx everyone, but I got one from a nice Asian gentleman's repair shop at Hauraki Cnr for $25 :)

suicidemonkey, Feb 17, 4:46am
I'd make sure it's genuine before using it. But that's just me. I don't like using crappy batteries in devices that I put beside my face.

clip1, Aug 3, 5:14am
Every now and again, after multiple app updates from the Play store for my S3 mini - the fast battery drain problem kicks in.
Discovered the easy fix was to remove the battery, then put it back in, and I'm back to 3-4 days on a single charge.
I haven't been able to isolate the app that causes the rapid battery drain after updates yet, but reasonably easy fix by removing the battery briefly.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)