Laptops with sim card slots?

Is there such a thing as a laptop that I can put a sim card in, for mobile broadband, instead of having to use a t-stick?
I know I can use a phone with a hotspot, but I want to know about being able to just put a sim in a laptop.

geek_datoofairy, Apr 6, 7:14 pm

Hey, yeah I think there is, google: 3G/4G laptops ( and notebooks etc )

geek_ross1970, Apr 6, 7:32 pm

Yes there are, not sure how many you find in the retail sector but corporate laptops have had models with this functionality for 4-5 years, possibly longer. Not an option in the apples AFAIK.

geek_zaowl, Apr 6, 7:54 pm

HP Elitebooks.

geek_rz_zone, Apr 6, 8:00 pm

Thanks heaps everyone. Will check out the HP's and also Lenovo's, according to Google. Apple would never be an option for me anyway, but good to know all the same. Thank you :)

geek_datoofairy, Apr 6, 8:17 pm

HP EliteBook
Lenovo Thinkpad T/X/W
Dell Latitude/Precision

geek_vtecintegra, Apr 6, 9:03 pm

Pretty sure there is a Chrome Book that has it too.

geek_cube_guy, Apr 6, 9:11 pm

Some p750 Toshiba's from around 2012 had that capability, not sure if its common now with tethering and t sticks.

geek_wayne416, Apr 6, 9:27 pm

Here's a list of "almost" all the 3G/4G capable laptops currently available:
http://goo.gl/Kdkc5z (sorted by low$ > high$)

geek_flower_tears, Apr 7, 12:47 am

Some Dells have a plug in module for a sim card

geek_lunar2, Apr 7, 7:08 pm

Be careful, I have come across a few laptops that have a Sim Card slot, but no internal modem which you need for the card to work.
I have bought our last 5 laptops from Lenovo with the internal modem and they have worked great. I especially like the ability when traveling overseas to be able to just purchase a local sim card and you are all go and not held hostage to the exorbitant Hotel wifi charges.

geek_kew, Mar 15, 5:19 pm

Share this thread