Freeview Remote

I purchased a Dish TV Freeview box (T1050PVR) and I have to point the remote directly at the sensor for anything to happen, If I point it and Im a bit off center It wont change channel or go to a different screen, I find that I cant place this box where the old Sky box used to be because the remote just wont work , yes the batteries are new and fully charged, surely you should just be able to point in the general direction and press a button for it to work, this is the way all my other remotes function

geek_greyman55, May 25, 11:42 am

Bought a TV like that, found that looking with torch at sensor on TV it was not aligned with window, bent it to align and all good.

geek_wayne416, May 25, 11:52 am

possible warranty issue. Talk to supplier. When you say fully charged this implies you are using rechargeable batteries which only produce 1.2 or 1.25 volts rather than the usual 1.5. Suggest try with alkaline batteries.
Or as above poster has said. I have seen this before too.

geek_brycer, May 25, 11:55 am

Thanks for the replies, Ill check out the alignment of the sensor, sorry by fully charged I meant brand new fully charged batteries, Ill also check it out from the supplier

geek_greyman55, May 25, 3:20 pm

Do you have CFL Bulbs if so try it with the lights off it may be a bulb that interfering with the signal ( works on sky boxes)

geek_greeny, Oct 16, 10:11 pm

Share this thread