Samsung tab 1 10.1 charging issue.

Just bought this old beat up tablet and done all the latest updates. It charged up to 35% and then displays a red x on the batt icon. The cable is brand new so Do I need a new charging port or battery? I have just ordered a replacement screen from aliexpress too.

geek_daryl14, Mar 20, 9:41 pm

Mines 3 yeard old, I charge everynight overnight, when mine wouldn't fully charge I plugged it in to charger for hours or 2 then unplugged and plugged it back in.worked after few days, all I can suggest sorry, im not that tech savvy.

geek_rose22, Mar 20, 9:50 pm

Probably a bad battery.

geek_suicidemonkey, Mar 20, 11:10 pm

are you using the genuine charger? it needs to output at least 2.1A to charge the tablet while its turned on.

geek_accordb20a, Mar 22, 6:12 pm

Yes I bought a Samsung branded USB cable from Techpoint and have it plugged into a 2.1 Amp wall adapter. The tab has now charged to 100% but still displays the red X on the battery icon when plugged in. Haven't found out what it means yet.
I realise the cable may or may not be a knock off.

geek_daryl14, Mar 24, 10:43 pm

Any luck OP?
As I write this on my tab 10.1 it has just started doing the same thing!
Mine is completely standard with the original cable etc in good condition.
When I plug in the charger it cancels powersave mode, but the charge level doesn't show as increasing.
I calculated I have used it for well in excess of 7,000 hours so it has had a good run if it dies now.

geek_brapbrap8, Mar 30, 5:17 pm

It's a common issue.

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=samsung+tablet+battery+icon+red+x&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=9bsXVaOvG4XRmAWOrYHQDw

It's charger and/or cable relate. Not all are equal. You may need to try a few to get it right.

geek_soodanim, Mar 30, 9:49 pm

Thanks, must be some wear in the cable somewhere by the sounds of it.

geek_brapbrap8, Mar 30, 11:06 pm

Yes I have googled the question and looked over the info posted on the android forum. I have a new screen on the way so when I fit that I will check all internal cable connections and then perhaps look into a new internal charging cable.

Currently it seems to take well over 24 hours to charge.

geek_daryl14, Apr 5, 4:31 pm

Share this thread