Spark have

Been unable to connect our ph line & ADSL internet for some reason, the only thing that has changed that I can see while other people lived here was they have had a VDSL output installed, could this be the problem?

Edit Delete Quote
luvthebikes (333 333 positive feedback) 7:40 pm, Sat 6 Jun #1

geek_luvthebikes, Jun 7, 7:45 pm

You need to get more information from Spark as to why they can't connect you.

geek_pyro_sniper2002, Jun 7, 10:32 pm

Might not be an issue with Spark, could be an issue with the Chorus network in your area (which may mean no ISP can connect you to ADSL), maybe all the ports are being used at the exchange or something else legitimate that isn't a fault.

Also, what pyro said.

geek_kieran211, Jun 8, 10:44 pm

I thought you were meaning you're having an issue with ordering a new connection through Spark.

There was/is an issue with Spark broadband tonight apparently for existing customers.

geek_kieran211, Jun 8, 11:21 pm

where your vdsl socket is thats the only location you can plug your modem in unless you get it rewired due to the master splitter it would split voice / data and no - it doesnt matter if its adsl / vdsl thats where the modem goes

geek_trade_menow, Jun 9, 12:26 am

no it's probably sparks crappy service,, when i shifted address i contacted vodafone to rejoin them. for 12 weeks i could not get broadband. vodafone blamed telecom and telecom blamed vodafone. long story of me abusing both parties but it was telecom fault. one of there technicians had fixed the phone for the previous house owner but he did not sign off his job sheet. my phone had a block on it, funny thing but telecom new my phone was blocked but did not tell me or vodafone

geek_aktow, Jun 9, 2:47 am

If that story was from the past 4-5 years then it wasn't telecom's fault at all, it was Chorus's.

geek_pyro_sniper2002, Jun 9, 12:23 pm

I've had issues with Spark broadband since easter weekend! The ethernet, internet and wifi buttons are constantly flashing like xmas lights and it has just taken 4mins to load this page after pushing the quote button, grrrrrrr, it's fine for a couple of hours in the morning but after that it is worse than dial-up, it's not my comp as it is doing the same on the two tablets in the house, are other people having problems with them still? I dread having to contact them as I know I will be waiting and waiting and waiting.

geek_adnelg, Jun 11, 7:00 pm

Most problems with adsl connections are related to faulty house wiring, e.g., no master splitter/filter at demarcation point and an alarm panel wired directly to the line. Just signal reflections off cable stubs will cause adsl performance issues.

geek_spyware, Jun 12, 8:35 am

I have a problem with Windows 7 Paint Program if anyone can help?
After cropping picture, the little square you "paste into" has disappeared, looks like the square has extended to the whole screen.

geek_featherit, Jun 12, 8:44 am

featherit start your own thread and look in there for replys
i use the-gimp for cropping immages

geek_intrade, Aug 27, 11:11 am

Share this thread