HP Laptop Keyboard

I have a HP Laptop about 18 months old and the keyboard has stopped working. I have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers but nothing. I have connected a wireless keyboard and all is good. Am I missing something or do I need to get the laptop looked at. Cheers.

geek_75ta, Mar 30, 10:21 am

If its still under warranty, get it looked at.

Shut it down, take out battery and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Put battery back in, plug power in and turn on.

You can take it apart (easier than you think) and check the connections. I bought a new keyboard for my HP laptop on ebay and its basically just one small cable connection.

geek_serpico_nz, Mar 30, 12:34 pm

Thanks for the response. Tried that and no luck it looks like the keyboard is stuffed and will need to be replaced. Cheers

geek_75ta, Mar 31, 5:59 am

got a quote of $150 to $250 to repair mine has keyboard is all in one, was just 5 keys not working so got a external plugin keyboard, does me for know

geek_joberri, Mar 31, 8:04 am

Just bought a brand keyboard for a Toshiba Laptop, off eBay from Singapore, cost $NZ18.15 incl Postage and arrived within a week. So, not necessarily that prohibitive.

geek_d.snell, Mar 31, 4:35 pm

Definitley go Ebay and import yourself. Like the above user, I got mine for $US6 plus shipping, total was yeah around NZ18-20.

geek_serpico_nz, Mar 31, 5:05 pm

Thanks all. Just a faulty keyboard as suspected. Replaced now and all good. Cheers

geek_75ta, Mar 14, 11:21 am

Share this thread