Veon TV Help Please

Just bought a new 24" Veon for a room where we had your old-type TV previously. On the old TV we could get all the normal channels plus if we pressed the TV button twice we could get whatever SKY channel was on the main TV. However, with the new Veon we can only get the normal channels, not any SKY, even when we press the DTV/ATV button - it says no signal. I've tried various things on the set-up menu but no luck. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

geek_akl439, Jun 9, 4:31 pm

I'll assume that there are no changes back in the lounge, such as replacing the Sky decoder to a MySky decoder. The way you describe the old setup must have used either an older Sky decoder with an Analogue pass-through, or a powered modulator that converted a composite video signal to RF and then a mixer to combine that signal with the UHF aerial.

Therefore, I'll suggest the problem is your new Veon analogue tuning. This is separate to the digital tuning, which you've got working.

Look in the manual on how to do the analogue tuning, you'll probably want to put it on channel 0 or channel 1. You could look in the Sky decoder setup to see which UHF channel the pass-through is using (or on the modulator box if you are using one), or you could do a blind automatic tuning scan on the Veon. I'm expecting it to only find 1 UHF channel which will be the Sky channel.

geek_gyrogearloose, Jun 9, 4:42 pm

And I think this means you had the Sky signal tuned on channel 0, pressing it twice would have reverted to channel 0.

geek_gyrogearloose, Jun 9, 4:45 pm

Thanks so much gyro. There were no changes to the SKY decoder. I can see where you can manually tune the ATV channels so will give this a try in the morning and let you know how I get on. Trouble is if I have to call the TV guy in it's a $60 call-out fee before he's done anything.

geek_akl439, Jun 9, 5:08 pm

Gyro, you are a STAR. If you lived in Tauranga I'd be baking you a big fat chocolate cake. It worked, thanks so much.

geek_akl439, Sep 4, 5:00 pm

Share this thread