Fibre

Finally got it installed today. Can't say I'm disappointed at the result:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4474789157.png

Only complaint is Chorus and ISPs need to work on their communication cos I got a txt from myrepublic yesterday stating that Chorus would be at my premises at 12pm today but then got a txt from Chorus that they were on their way this morning at 8:30am. I then got another txt from myrepublic at 12pm stating that the inside install was booked for the 6th when the chorus tech was already installing it lol.

geek_lostdude, Jul 3, 5:34 pm

I'm with MR, too.
Are you on the Gamer plan? I'm on 100/20 - Pure but for the first week or so was on 100/50.
Funny, but after a while it seems so normal

i had a few install issues - mostly the Chorus/street diggers messed up my connection, then had to delay and was without internet for 2 weeks, then voip messed up and no phone for a month - that was MR's fault.

geek_fishb8, Jul 4, 8:29 am

I have had it for a month. Although the internet is great, I have had no end of troubles with my phone. Was told yesterday they were placing my phone on a different system, but it could take up to 10 days FFS. Apparently there are others with the same issues.

geek_cleggyboy, Jul 4, 9:01 am

Yes I'm on the gamer plan. Myrepublic told me it might take a while for the phone to switch over so I've got it still plugged into the old copper line. Still works fine so I guess once I get no dial-tone, it's time to switch it over to the ONT lol. Fingers crossed it's a smooth transition xD

geek_lostdude, Jul 5, 1:47 am

My copper was disconnected when fibre was installed.
The one thing I dislike about the phone is the caller ID shows the whole number like 0064. Makes it hard to identify the caller.

geek_fishb8, Jul 5, 6:35 am

They can't connect your house landline system to fibre until they CUT the line to the house & reconnect that to the ONT.
Theres NO copper street connection here now, they had to cut the line to the house & divert it to the ONT.
Apparently you can plug a ph directly into the ONT if you know which port

geek_mrfxit, Jul 5, 9:14 pm

Yes indeed. The Chorus tech tried plugging it in thinking the line had already been switched over. I rang Myrepublic (whilst the Chorus tech was still here) and they told me that they only request a changeover once the fibre is connected so advised me to keep it plugged into copper for the time being.

I believe they didn't cut my copper line because of this and the Chorus tech showed me which port to plug the phone into once the switch over occurs.

geek_lostdude, Jun 12, 11:10 am

Share this thread