Microsoft Office 365 expired

brycer, Jun 25, 9:20pm
of course not. Just pay again online. 365 is strangely enough valid for one year only ;-)
But cheaper to buy a NEW pack at dick smith on special at the moment. I did it this way last week. 'Renew using activation code' or similar rather than paying online

ww.microsoftstore.com/store/ms-
usa/en_US/cat/Office-365-Renew-
al/categoryID.68289700

sanders4, Jun 26, 7:50am
Even better go to www.filehippo.com and find a free office compatible suite that costs nix. One used to buy a copy of Msoft Office that lasted for years but now they want an annual fee so go figure! Those damm lear jets cost poor bill so much to run !

r.g.nixon, Jun 26, 7:57am
LibreOffice - free forever, or longer!

cube_guy, Jun 26, 10:05am
Umm, you can still buy it outright. No one is making you do the year to year subscription.

mazdasix, Jun 26, 10:19am
u but MS have made it difficult and expensive!

There's Home & Student 2013 version that doesn't have Publisher, Outlook. , about $240.

Then there's Home & Business ($340). but nope no Publisher.

If you want thh whole suite, ur looking at the Pro version ($800+).

cube_guy, Jun 26, 10:35am
All I meant was subscribing isn't your only option, not commenting so much on its value. And that isn't new, there has always been Home/Student, Home/Business, Professional versions of office. Office 365 for 5 years for 1 PC is ~$600, which is still cheaper than buying Professional, and you get upgraded to the newer version along the way if/when one comes out. If anything, Office via Office 365 gives you better value than ever before, not made it more expensive.

suicidemonkey, Jun 26, 11:00am
Yeah $120 a year/$10 a month isn't too bad IMO.

gsimpson, Jun 27, 6:32am
Free is even better.

vtecintegra, Jun 27, 9:41am
Not when the free alternatives are as (comparatively) bad as they are in this case.

gsimpson, Jun 27, 8:01pm
Never had an issue with Libreoffice. If it is that important to be 100% compatible with your MS mates then spend the money but for most people it will work. It is worth a try anyway for most. I have used OO and Libreoffice for 15+ years and haven't had people come back and say they can't read what I send.

cammey, Jul 16, 10:23pm
99.95% of people just use the basic functions of their office software. And they will find OO and Libreoffice will meet all their needs. Like you, I have never had someone say they couldn't read a Libreoffice file.

But if they did, I would say "LibreOffice uses the international ISO/IEC standard OpenDocument file format as its native format to save documents for all of its applications".

If you can't read it, get better office software.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)