Sports Action Camera

I have a sports action camera and i have a 32gb card with about 5 hours recording, i set it up to record for 5 hours came back next day and when viewed it it only recorded 2 24min videos, how do i get it to record for 5 hours non stop?

geek_jesse1238, Apr 29, 7:19 pm

It's probably a limit of the camera or the filesystem. Without knowing more about what the camera is (specifically), I doubt anyone can be of much help.

geek_suicidemonkey, Apr 29, 7:55 pm

geek_jesse1238, Apr 29, 9:04 pm

I'm trying really hard not to be rude about the camera. but honestly its better described as suitable as a toy. I'm not sure you will be able to get much technical info from the store or manufacturer either.

geek_dinx, Apr 29, 9:23 pm

Yeah a quick Google shows up absolutely no info about it. It's a very cheap camera (1-day had them for $80 at one point). So I doubt you'll be able to do anything about the file length limits.

geek_suicidemonkey, Apr 29, 9:31 pm

I got this camera to use on my mountain bike i cant afford to pay heaps for a go pro and this will do the job i want it for just wanted to find out how to constantly record until cards full

geek_jesse1238, Apr 29, 9:31 pm

geek_suicidemonkey, Apr 29, 10:59 pm

People are rude in here. Even a gopro only records limited file sizes and won't fill a card. Best you can do is ensure the card is a good class 10 and formatted to begin with.

geek_kaituna, Apr 29, 11:51 pm

I've got a GoPro and my opinion would be that to record until the card is full, you'll need a battery or power supply that can exceed that duration.

The standard battery won't last long enough to fill a 32GB card, you need to be able to connect an external supply, like a USB cable or a 12 volt lead/acid battery through a 5 volt DC regulator and then into the USB cable.

geek_gyrogearloose, Apr 30, 12:57 am

Yes this is correct.
Most cameras still only use FAT32 which has a 4GB file limit, with my Gopro, it splits the video into 4GB files but keeps recording, you just have to join the videos together when editing.

Never really an issue for me as i never record that long to matter, and i always edit alot out.

geek_nzoomed, Dec 31, 4:15 pm

Share this thread