Internet radio

hi just brought a stereo with internet radio is there an adapter i can use so it is wireless rather than running a CAT cable under the floor

geek_ewanjs, Jun 6, 5:41 pm

I bought a new car, do you know what sort of tyres it takes?

geek_mazdasix, Jun 6, 5:52 pm

You should be able to tell from the colour.

geek_tintop, Jun 6, 6:12 pm

Hehe - A bit more detail would help !

geek_tintop, Jun 6, 6:13 pm

geek_ewanjs, Jun 6, 6:26 pm

Knowing what the stereo is would be helpful.

Otherwise it's like saying "will this case fit my phone" without knowing what type of phone it is.

geek_suicidemonkey, Jun 6, 6:29 pm

it is a yamaha CRX 560D stereo with a lan cable input in the back and 2 usb inputs i would like to put something in the lan input to make it wireless

geek_ewanjs, Jun 6, 6:41 pm

According to the product info here:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1009598-REG/yamaha_crx_n560bl_network_cd_receiver.html

You need the Yamaha YWA-10 wifi adapter.

geek_suicidemonkey, Jun 6, 6:46 pm

thanks did not think it would be a cheap fix , live rural so no radio without connecting laptop etc to stereo

geek_ewanjs, Jun 6, 6:59 pm

Supports AirPlay and DLNA, cool little stereo.

geek_rz_zone, Jun 6, 7:01 pm

it was only $299 on TVSN still $900 at harveys

geek_ewanjs, Jun 6, 7:16 pm

yeah very cool little unit.

There is one other option - buy a wireless range extender ($50-60). This will connect wirelessly to your existing network and then just plug an ethernet cable from it to the stereo unit. It can be hidden away so better than running a long cable.

geek_suicidemonkey, Jun 6, 7:21 pm

Another option is Ethernet over Power - you already have your Radio plugged into the wall, and your Router. A pair of these devices plug into the power socket and use the house wiring to superimpose the digital signal onto the mains wiring. This technology has come a long way from its early days and while not as good as full wired ethernet, often it's better than Wifi. Could be worth considering. Main downside is that it's more wires and who needs that? But if you are tidy and keep cables short, it's not a bad alternative.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/networking-modems/wireless-networking/adaptors/auction-897622212.htm

geek_cookee_nz, Jun 6, 10:53 pm

I have been looking for a dedicated internet radio for my MIL to use as a bedside radio.

So far I have found devices branded as Ocean wifi, and Grace digital. Both made and sold ex China through Alibaba, not too expensive ( around $100 - $150) But postage is a killer at about $100.

I still need to do a bit more homework though.

Perhaps something like that with the output connected to your amp. They have remote controls.

geek_tintop, Sep 11, 3:28 am

Share this thread