Mystartsearch Page 1 / 2

aqua11, Apr 15, 9:41am
Which thing finally worked for you? I've got this attached to Internet Explorer and have tried a few things, nothings working.
Help anyone? Thanks.

loud_37, Apr 15, 9:59am
I'm sure antivirus and anti malware don't pick it up as its just a browser add on, open browser, go into internet options, click programs, click manage add-ons, click search providers and disable or remove.

aqua11, Apr 15, 10:55am
Yes tried this first, hasn't worked.

aqua11, Apr 16, 2:19am
Someone?

king1, Apr 16, 2:25am
if you could define symptoms of "attached to Internet Explorer".

Keep in mind we cannot see what you can

cafc2012, Apr 16, 2:30am
I ended up buying a third party removal application, not cheat, but fixed it,

skin1235, Apr 16, 7:49am
why would you do that, there are free methods to remove it that work well

the most common fault is that people will not or do not reset their browser properly after removing the bug, it actually takes a couple of clicks to reset, not as some think just turn it off and turn it back on
if you google the problem it lists the ways to get rid of it, and tells you how to reset the more common browsers, where to look for files left over and which names to look for - as it commonly uses different names to hide itself from efforts to remove it

aqua11, Apr 17, 11:12am
I have managed to get most of it gone, did not find many googled sites that helpful. I no longer (cross fingers) have the ads popping up constantly, but my internet explorer it still opens with mystartsearch as the home page, even though I have taken if off the internet options page, off the manage add-ons, deleted history, a few other things I can't remember, and restarted computer several times.

king1, Apr 17, 12:46pm
it has added its address to the IE shortcut properties. r/click the 'E', properties.

aqua11, Apr 18, 10:54am
That is interesting, I have found it in there, but what do you put in its place, cos I tried deleting it, but then it wants something else there. Thank you.

king1, Apr 18, 10:57am
this is whats in mine - the target field
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

anything after that will be the website address
basically saying open internet explorer, and if there is a website address following it, open that when opening IE

aqua11, Apr 24, 10:56am
Thanks king1, that has finally got rid of mystartsearch, but now have an increasing number of ads, and diverting computer to web pages with ads, its much worse now now, getting into trademe is the worst, page keeps diverting onto ad sites, competitions etc. Help anyone?

wayne416, Apr 24, 11:13am

aqua11, Apr 27, 9:43am
Thanks Wayne, so far so good, seems to be working, cross fingers.

aktow, Apr 28, 2:00pm
i managed to get get rid of mysearch in explorer and firefox by going in to preferences and changing the search preference,, this did not work for opera browser. i just uninstalled opera and then downloaded opera again. it worked and there is no show of mysearch again

coops39, Oct 20, 9:33pm
Does anyone know how to uninstall this. It is overriding Google search engine, I have tried to uninstall by control panel. I am running ad-aware pro security.

mrfxit, Oct 20, 9:38pm
Uninstall mystartsearch + Google search brings up a few trusted ways to remove it.

missrat, Nov 15, 7:27am
I also have this damn cursed thing as of today I know its my own fault but have had no luck in uninstalling it It has taken over Google Chrome Any suggestions hoq I get Chrome back ? Ta

missrat, Nov 15, 10:58pm
Mr Fixit Thanks but can't uninstall. Not there Have searched Google
( as below ) Ta

I have tried everything I can to rid Mystartsearch from my lappy. to no avail. It has installed itself and taken over Google Chrome.
It is not showing in my Programs so can not be removed from there.
I have MS Security Essentials & Malware Bytes, and neither picked this up.
I have searched Google to try and solve. Tried Rouge Killer, Avi Browser repair Tool & couple of others. Nothing rids it.
I have Fire Fox which I am using but want Chrome fixed.
Please anyone have a solution ?

therafter1, Nov 16, 12:45am
System restore may be worth a punt.

sykotik_ninja, Nov 16, 12:56am
There are removal instructions here:

http://www.techsupportall.com/how-to-remove-mystartsearch-com-homepage-removal-help/

Scroll down to Google Chrome.

There is also link to a program that will clean it up automatically but I am not sure how good it works. I have never used it. Use at own discretion.

missrat, Nov 16, 1:19am
Thanks to you both.
Don't think System restore will do it thereafter1. Its a real rogue :(
It is slightly puzzling how I got it as I opened a link of a video posted to me by family which has not affected anyone else who opened it.
Normally I am very careful so am very pee'd off with myself.
Will have another go in link skyotik_ninja posted but Ta ! have tried several so far.

lilyfield, Nov 16, 1:21am
Did you try uninstalling all of google chrome?

therafter1, Nov 16, 1:25am
Repeat after me . the the the the the lol

missrat, Nov 16, 1:43am
Whoops!. sorry therafter1 :)

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)