New laptop need help download camera software

I'm on this page here but when I click on drivers it comes up - There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver.

Tried to download some photos but nothing's happening.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/digital_cameras/powershot_a_series/powershot_a2000_is#DriversAndSoftware

geek_mme, Jul 6, 11:08 pm

OK they've loaded now but I can't sort them it out as they have all loaded individually but not on one date. Sigh. Help Windows 8.1

geek_mme, Jul 6, 11:27 pm

Now why would you load those drivers? Laptop should recognize the camera as a removable storage device so you shouldn't need to load them.

geek_namtak, Jul 7, 12:39 am

mme, you don't need a driver - that just enables the camera to be recognised and is already built into Windows. I assume you want the ZoomBrowser or ImageBrowser software to import and/or display photos in date-based folders.

On the page you linked to expand the Software list. You can install ImageBrowser EX.

ZoomBrowser isn't officially supported in Win8.1, though Microsoft indicates versions 6.6, 6.8 & 6.9 *are* compatible with it. Comments on some photography sites indicate the Win 7(x64) version works fine in Win 8.1(x64).

If you are using Win 8.1(x64) you could change the Operating System drop-down list to Windows 7(x64) and install ZoomBrowser 6.6 instead. If it installs and runs ok you can then install the 6.9 update.

geek_daikiwi, Jun 15, 2:52 am

Share this thread