How much to courier a desktop?

I hate
"to be arranged"

geek_fifi21, Jun 5, 1:09 am

depends on distance, and size. inter island can be about $50 minimum, and that's just regular post.

geek_schizoid, Jun 5, 1:55 am

I paid $12 for a SFF desktop to be sent to me recently - good price I thought.
A mid-tower would be twice the size, and cost more.

geek_r.g.nixon, Jun 5, 7:50 am

geek_suicidemonkey, Jun 5, 10:34 am

geek_rz_zone, Jun 5, 10:49 am

Then don't buy it. The quickest way to stop these sellers is to stop buying their product until they wise up.

geek_namtak, Jun 5, 12:25 pm

Not everything is easy to quote for. Large items often have vastly different shipping costs depending on the destination city. Sometimes it's easier for the buyer to ask for a quote.

geek_suicidemonkey, Jun 5, 12:38 pm

its more the physical weight of the thing too, some desktop cases look light, but theyre not - and thats sometimes just an empty one

geek_pcmaster, Jun 5, 1:21 pm

PTP will do banana size packages for $23 ish same island & no weight limit or Rural charges

geek_mrfxit, Jun 5, 4:51 pm

I don't mind "to be arranged", as sometimes it means I can arrange my own postage, rather than pay the often inflated cost stated.

geek_schizoid, Jun 5, 4:58 pm

Why don't you just ask the seller for a price before going on here. Once they know where you are most are happy to give you a price.

geek_motig, Jun 5, 7:51 pm

Ship My Trade, minimum charge is $68. However you can send a pretty big box for that minimum charge- my PC package weighed 28kg, sent it in a very large box.

geek_apollo11, Jun 8, 4:15 pm

couldn't you go pick it up on your broomstick?

geek_ctnz, Jun 8, 4:54 pm

most computers are shipped around $25 on here

geek_newbie5, Jun 9, 6:39 pm

daylight robbery

geek_newbie5, Jun 9, 7:34 pm

Depends on courier.
Worst is NZPost.
Best is Castle Parcels - $15 - $20 depending whether within island or inter island.
Sadly castle Parcels are only in the main cities.

geek_lythande1, Jun 10, 7:19 am

28kg is significantly heavier than the average pc. Mainfreight wanted $100, NZ post and every courier I tried wouldn't take it.

geek_apollo11, Sep 3, 8:57 pm

Share this thread