Recomendations for a device for yr 8 student

hi our laptop is now 4 years old so not worth putting new programs on it, and we have a samsung windows 8 tablet, which is not the best so we need to get something that the kids will be able to use for their school work, especially for ds who is in year 8. i have no idea what to get hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction, don't trust sales people in stores they tell you what you want to hear just to get a sale. device will mainly be used at home but for assignments etc. thanks

geek_spawnofsatan1, Apr 15, 3:31 pm

Talk to the school first. Tell them your budget.

geek_tillsbury, Apr 15, 3:50 pm

its not to take to school, its to use as home, needs to be able to put word, powerpoint, excel and publisher on it. Also need a new printer arrgghhh! the one we have has been great its an epsom but it only works when it feels like now :( ideally printer has to be an all-in-one and preferably ink cartridges to be replace when individual cartridges are empty at present once one colour is empty the whole lot need replacing and there is still heaps of ink left in the other ones, just a waste, and cartridges arn't cheap.
daughter will have a chrome book as of next term which i think is unnecessary in a primary school! so its going to be a very expensive term!

geek_spawnofsatan1, Apr 15, 4:09 pm

I was going to help, but then I saw your username.

geek_r.g.nixon, Feb 18, 4:22 am

Share this thread